Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Screens on the MCX 8000 Stopped Working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ KyriPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hello..

Not sure if I should post here or not but wanted to let some one up there in VDJ Land that my screens on my MCX 8000 stopped working ever since I down loaded v8.3 b4675 today. 11/21/18

I do have full control of VDJ from the controller "so far"..

Any insight would be great. Or a patch would be better...

Thank You ahead of time.

Posted Thu 22 Nov 18 @ 3:09 am
... also the search strip stopped working, on the controller...

Posted Thu 22 Nov 18 @ 3:11 am
Are the screens working in Engine mode or is it just VDJ there is an issue with?

Will set my one up later this morning and let you know what happens.

Posted Thu 22 Nov 18 @ 6:35 am
Just hooked my MCX8000 up. Both screens and touch strip are working as normal.

Build 4675

Posted Thu 22 Nov 18 @ 9:11 am
In engine mode they work.

in regular mode they way it's been they do NOT work..

Also there is a flicker when the blue LED is set to single and and goes around..... at a certain point the LED's that should be off lightly flicker.. like at the North South West East sides.

again.. I had no problem before this build!!

Posted Mon 26 Nov 18 @ 3:36 am
Can there be a remote evaluation done from VDJ on my system... and or. where can I find the last build so I can Roll This Back to that..??

Posted Mon 26 Nov 18 @ 3:37 am

Posted Mon 26 Nov 18 @ 4:38 am
Are you seeing the screens listed in the config mapping tab, as per image below?

Posted Mon 26 Nov 18 @ 9:13 pm
Yes... I'm just going to roll it back when I get a chance.

I was hopping one of the VDJ Gods in here would see this and shed some insight on it!?....

Posted Wed 28 Nov 18 @ 2:28 am
MXC 8000 Screens are still NOT Working even after the latest update.

I used other software to make sure the board is not broken and it’s not, the Screens work fine.

Can someone in VDJ look into this or contact me?

Posted Thu 13 Dec 18 @ 11:32 pm
Did you go back to an earlier build (as you seem to think updating was the cause)?

Posted Fri 14 Dec 18 @ 6:04 pm
You could also try moving or renaming your settings.xml file so a new one is created. that could be the issue.

I used the MCX8000 last night and it works fine on build 4675

Posted Fri 14 Dec 18 @ 7:01 pm
I went back wards to an older build and did nothing... Still no screens.. Turned on the "other dj software" and they worked fine....

I may delete and reinstall vdj completely I have back ups.. of my crates... or I'll try the xml or I'll try reinstalling the drivers... It was working fine...... I'd love to do a screen share with one of the VDJ techs and see If there's something else wrong....

Posted Sun 23 Dec 18 @ 2:40 am
I should also add the search strip doesn't work with the player is playing... and the LEDs around the platter.. instead of the 1 going around, it goes around and there's a flicker with a couple of the others at certain points..

Posted Sun 23 Dec 18 @ 2:47 am
Outtake from here:
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/denon/mcx8000/layout/decks.html

NEEDLE DROP.
Touch-strip for track's search. For security reasons, the strip will not have any effect when the track is audible (track is playing and its Channel Fader is away from the minimum position).
Hold SHIFT and then use the same touch-strip to navigate through the track regardless the track's playing/audible status.

LED around the platter is set by Utility/JogIndicatorType on the controller.

Posted Sun 23 Dec 18 @ 7:45 am
Thanks for that info. but again... I never had these problems... Like the screens not showing the wave forms but in other software it does.... Makes no sense

I'm going to wipe VDJ off the computer and re-install it and reset the controller and flash the new firm where to it again.

Posted Mon 07 Jan 19 @ 12:39 am
Did you try to press the zoom-buttons (zoom + or zoom -) on your controller?

Posted Mon 07 Jan 19 @ 11:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)