Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Double-click pitch fader to reset?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ScooxHome userMember since 2018
As far as I can tell all knobs in VDJ reset on double-click, so does the cross-fader. Is there a reason why the deck level faders and the pitch faders don't? Cheers

Posted Sat 17 Nov 18 @ 12:49 pm
Depends on the skin. Some skins do have "double click reset" on the pitch fader & some don't. It's up to the skinner.

Posted Sat 17 Nov 18 @ 1:26 pm
To paraphrase myself from another thread:

Telling users a feature is "skin-dependent" doesn't address the bigger issue which is that the stock skin could be improved. A user may have found a skin that does WXY but not Z, and the skin that can do Z can't do W. In the end you spend an entire evening hopelessly browsing through and trying out skins only to realise not one of them fits the bill 100%.

Skinning IS great but if VirtualDJ want to get more people to use their product the stock skin needs to be refined based on user feedback here on the forums. Just my 2c."

Posted Sat 17 Nov 18 @ 1:52 pm
There's a well known saying - you can't please everyone. :-)

VDJ is so versatile that no one skin could ever possibly incorporate every single thing that VDJ can do, or every way of doing it.

Plus.....the whole idea of having multiple skins available is that you're not stuck with one skin that needs to incorporate hundreds of features. You can have a skin specialized for scratching and another specialized for video - and so on.

Currently, one of the most versatile skins in terms of being able to change the GUI and settings, is V8 but by FRUiT. It has a huge amount of customizing options - but that also makes it complex, and some people prefer simplicity.

Posted Sat 17 Nov 18 @ 2:02 pm
True, but the double-click thing is totally doable and I can't think of any good reason why those faders don't reset on double-click while everything else does. It's like saying "Deck 1 knobs reset on double-click and Deck 2 knobs don't. Sorry, you can't please everyone." :p

Posted Sat 17 Nov 18 @ 2:07 pm
I just loaded up the default skin and tried this myself....

The pitch faders do reset when the pitch reset button is double clicked. Rather than making multiple posts complaining about things, maybe you should start here.

Posted Sat 17 Nov 18 @ 2:13 pm
Doesn't work. I Double-click the fader, it stays put. If I double-click the numerical display above the fader it resets, but that's not the same as clicking the fader itself.

Posted Sat 17 Nov 18 @ 4:28 pm
Sorry, I'll post that again for you...

"when the pitch reset button is double clicked"

Posted Sat 17 Nov 18 @ 5:09 pm
OK. So basically I was working with the 4-deck skin which does not have the pitch reset button you were talking about, no wonder I didn't understand. In the 4-deck skin, there is a pitch readout at the top of the fader, double-clicking that resets the pitch fader instantly, right-clicking it ramp-resets the pitch fader at the rate specified by pitchResetSpeed.

Still, why not on the fader itself? Single click moves fader, double-click instantly resets, right-click ramp-resets.

This forum is way too basic. No text formatting, no image hosting... I usually upload screenshots of what I'm talking about to minimise confusion. Here it's just text.

Posted Sat 17 Nov 18 @ 7:02 pm
Scoox wrote :
No text formatting, no image hosting

Wrong. You can format text and upload images. Just look at other posts on here - they have formatted text and images.

Of course, users with no license have certain restrictions.

Posted Sat 17 Nov 18 @ 7:06 pm
groovindj wrote :

Of course, users with no license have certain restrictions.

Indeed they do and BBCode and Image upload is two of them.

Posted Sat 17 Nov 18 @ 7:40 pm
OK I didn't know that, no shame in getting educated :)

Posted Mon 19 Nov 18 @ 10:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)