Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Gemini G4V Skin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Looking for a 4 channel skin for the G4V and VDJ 8 Pro license. Cannot find one anywhere.

I never installed the VDJ LE version that came with the G4V because I already had VDJ 8 installed. Is that where I will find the 4 deck skin?

Posted Tue 13 Nov 18 @ 4:12 am
A skin for the G4V, or a skin that looks like the G4V?

If you want a skin for the G4V then any skin will work just fine. You don't need to have a picture of your controller on the screen in order to use VDJ.

In fact it's better to have a skin which displays only the things which aren't available on your controller (artist/title, waveforms etc) because it'll give you way more browser space. Having pictures on screen of jog wheels, knobs and faders is not necessary because you already have those on your controller.

Posted Tue 13 Nov 18 @ 5:57 pm
Thanks, appreciate that. I was indeed looking for a skin that would (natively) emulate the G4V buttons because I thought it would give me clearer mapping insights/control. Something similar to all the pioneer skins but for the Gemini. However I understand your points so I probably just need to shift my mindset. Also, I can imagine that since everything is mappable, a dedicated skin may not be so necessary.

Since my post I think the default 8 skin for 4 decks is good. I have also tried the Fruit 8 one and like it. I am probably fine now.

Posted Mon 19 Nov 18 @ 4:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)