Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: shader transparency in early access build not working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

early access build 4674 - also 4673 where I first noticed it -
shader transparency in overlay not working. will only go to an on/off state

also some video weirdness when trying to use VDJ video in TellyVisuals
instead of this

when selecting VDJ Video as image I get this and it will not de-select.

I have to delete the panel and re-create to get functionality back.

Posted Mon 12 Nov 18 @ 8:50 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Shader transparency works fine for me

Posted Tue 13 Nov 18 @ 4:03 am
update - the tellyvisuals menu issue ONLY occurs when using shader -

if shader is off in overlay it doesn't do it and reverts back to normal function

the only changes since last time I used the shader transparency was 1 - with an earlier build - no idea how far back that was. and 2 - there was a java update. have made no other changes to computer in last few months.

Posted Tue 13 Nov 18 @ 5:05 am
i'm starting to really like screengrab as a handy way of recording things... not quite as good as screen capture software with more recording options yet. but it's getting to be hand to record what's going on

Posted Tue 13 Nov 18 @ 5:25 am
the idea was to have something on screen while the chat was scrolling up as an overlay. I've done something like it in the past but of course facebook squashed the livestream and I never saved it.
but... now that I've experimented with it. it's resizing the screen that is playing havoc with the transparency I suppose. not sure what else is going on. still playing around with it.

Posted Tue 13 Nov 18 @ 5:29 am
Seems like shader transparency works like it's supposed to.
For the first half of the slider, it just removes black and dark colors. Then fron half to full it will further make everything transparent

Posted Tue 13 Nov 18 @ 6:28 am
resize/position the slider to the side of the screen and try it like in the video

Posted Tue 13 Nov 18 @ 6:42 am

Posted Tue 13 Nov 18 @ 7:19 am
Ah yes I see now.
As a workaround until fixed, if you first set transparency you can still change the position, but it will just be a bit off from the position specified. (So set the left side at 25% and the output will be at 50% when transparency is enabled for example)

Posted Tue 13 Nov 18 @ 7:55 am
will stay tuned for it.

the other side of this is that bit where the TellyVisuals settings window is messed up when it opens. been talking with Don Moir about it but it only does this when shader has been activated from what we can tell

Posted Tue 13 Nov 18 @ 8:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)