Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Sound Switch

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Anybody running Sound Switch with VDJ yet?
Saw this at the AC show 2 years ago when it was Chauvet, now part of InMusic's group.
I've seen it in action at a couple of events this fall and very impressed.
Its not cheap, but as a forever user of Freestyler, it lacks a Mac version and the latency with the plug in and mic wasn't quite as tight as SS.

Thoughts on this would be appreciated

https://www.facebook.com/rick.hodgkins.9/videos/vb.1053952666/10215174378766843/?type=3

Posted Sun 28 Oct 18 @ 5:55 pm
I’ll sell you my SS box.

It works well, just every club I play in is using Show Xpress so it just sits on my desk.

Posted Sun 28 Oct 18 @ 9:12 pm
I had it for 2 weeks, never worked well with virtual dj pc version. They logged into my system twice and barely got it working. Returned it and went back to my reliable showxpress.

Posted Mon 29 Oct 18 @ 3:04 pm
I really like it. I got the box a few months back and have been slowly learning the software. Used it at a gig for the first time last week, worked flawlessly.

Posted Thu 01 Nov 18 @ 7:12 pm
Apparently the SS installer on the plug in page for MAC is broken.
Not sure what is up, but even copying the .bundle to the page config/plug ins/sound effects page fails to make it show up in Mac like it does PC.
Their support people are aware, but can't do anything about it on their end.

Posted Thu 15 Nov 18 @ 12:03 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It's not broken, at least not here.
If i click the Mac Download button in the Addons page, it downloads an app file (inside a zip).. and all you have to do is double-click to install it. You dont copy-paste anything.
After that it should be auto-enabled when you open VirtualDJ, since its in the AutoStart folder. But you may need to press the Enable FX button inside its GUI, so from the Master Effects list, click on the AutoStart folder, then the cog icon to get its FX GUI

Posted Thu 15 Nov 18 @ 3:48 pm
Rick, not sure about SS but you can get rid of most of the latency with the Freestyler plugin by running line out of audio to line in on Freestyler (no mic)

Posted Thu 15 Nov 18 @ 4:30 pm
There’s no latency with SS......

The only problem at this point with SS is the fact that VDJ enters weird symbols/ characters into its database for some files which screws with SS reading the database when first opening SS.

This is being looked into and hopefully resolved soon.

SS support is world class and they can add almost any fixture you want/need provided they have or can get the documention for it.

It’s super easy to use and midi mapping is a breeze.

Oh and it supports Ableton link which is now also in VDJ so everything stays in time.....

Posted Thu 15 Nov 18 @ 7:35 pm
Partyman wrote :
Rick, not sure about SS but you can get rid of most of the latency with the Freestyler plugin by running line out of audio to line in on Freestyler (no mic)

My objective was to run SS on my Mac and Freestyler is PC only.

Talking with Steve, he pointed out SS is gonna be a ground up scene writing redo, and I dunno, I may just stick with a PC lighting machine used as you say.
I went for the latest last night to find that the same sound to light engine is being used like a plug in instead of being integrated and was a little let down where as the control is not so great where rapid firing of scenes sequentially or randomly just looks like a spazzing light show.

Ultimately if FS was Mac supported and midi driven like SS it would be ideal for me.

Posted Fri 16 Nov 18 @ 11:07 am
Has anybody got this running on VDJ Mac?

Posted Sun 16 Dec 18 @ 6:29 pm
Yup, every weekend.

What’s up?

Posted Mon 17 Dec 18 @ 2:09 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Rick, if you still have troubles installing the Addon, use the Extensions tab of VirtualDJ Settings, not the Web-installer.

Posted Mon 17 Dec 18 @ 1:44 pm
Got it now, wasn't online with this machine.
Thank you

Posted Mon 17 Dec 18 @ 11:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)