Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Pause at End of Video?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Is it possible to have VDJ pause once it hits the end of a video? Behaviour currently is to stop playing and go back to the beginning which is undesirable if a deck is still live when it reaches the end of the video. This makes perfect sense for audio, of course.

I ask so I can let a deck reach the end while I am not at my laptop and interact with guests.

A pause would be good, or a blank screen or something else.

Another approach would be a way to pause video while audio keeps playing and I could hit that remotely perhaps using VNC (I have the iOS remote app but with it disconnecting it is virtually useless). I don’t see a scripting verb for holding a video frame.

Any ideas?

Posted Thu 25 Oct 18 @ 1:45 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002

Posted Sat 27 Oct 18 @ 5:53 am
Thanks, Freppa. I am familiar with the scripting reference but wasn’t able to find something I could use.

I’m certainly not averse to looking for answers and have spent quite a bit of time looking for this, so far without success.

Posted Sat 27 Oct 18 @ 1:49 pm
You could maybe use the same kind of script that makes the leds blink for a few seconds at the end of a track. Set that to 200ms instead, and have it pause instead of blink. And base it's running on a global variable you can toggle to enable and disable the feature

Posted Sat 27 Oct 18 @ 2:38 pm
you could place a action cue at the end with the script -> stop

would be a lot of work to do this to all your videos.

Posted Sat 27 Oct 18 @ 6:24 pm
Thank you, both. When I have some time I will try the blinking led approach.

I did think of using action POIs and dismissed it due to the amount of work involved - I should probably have mentioned that in my first post but had forgotten it. Edit: right after I hit post I realized that I could do it just in time as it only takes a few seconds and this isn’t something I need in every video. So I might do that when I need it.

Anyhow, I’m continually amazed at what VDJ can do. Love it!

Phil

Posted Sat 27 Oct 18 @ 10:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)