Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Denon HC 5000 not on Virtual DJ ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello everybody,

have a pretty simple question, I'm a bit surprised, because I find nothing concrete on the net, the two media players of Denon SC5000 or even the new motorized 5000 run not under VDJ ???
I thought about getting 2 players again for next year, and they are already a higher league than the Pio devices that I use normally.

Would I be really happy if someone knew something concrete, or is there someone who works with the two players under VDJ, if it should work

Thanks and lg

Posted Wed 24 Oct 18 @ 11:58 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
We have repeatedly asked Denon to provide us the necessary info and samples to support in VirtualDJ, but they have not yet decided on this. Perhaps they are trying to push their own Prime Engine software and only "open" to the rest of the world, when for some reason they see this plan failing.
So for now, the Denon 5000 is a no-go for VirtualDJ and wouldnt recommend anyone to buy unless he wants to use it without it.

Posted Wed 24 Oct 18 @ 1:24 pm
Have a read of the Denon forums. Although heavily censored if you pick through the SC5000 section you will see there are still some basic functions missing, a major issue with high frequency roll-off and talking from personal experience the Prime software to analyse tracks is not great at all. Still no proper beat gridding for example.

Their software updates are slow as hell and even introduce new bugs.

Even if I won the lottery I wouldn't buy the SC5000. Its more hassle than it's worth and VDJ with a controller is a far more robust and flexible solution

Posted Wed 24 Oct 18 @ 3:00 pm
Stop supporting equipment that does not support the software that you use. If you want to use other software, then by all means buy the controller. VirtualDJ has a very large customer base, and if we stop buying their controllers, they will not sell very many. Until they open their code to our developers, don't buy their controllers. See what happens.

Posted Wed 24 Oct 18 @ 8:49 pm
Thank you Guys.. thank you DJ Dad for the Infos.... I am very disappointed in Denon DJ, the players are very good at processing - better like Pioneer DJ. It would also be very nice for the future, if Denon DJ Player would run with Virtual DJ - like the controllers MC7000 and 8000

Posted Wed 14 Nov 18 @ 10:35 pm
Agreed. I am being forced out of vdj as our group has purchased 6 sc5000s.

Posted Thu 15 Nov 18 @ 1:56 pm
But they are primarily standalone players. People would generally buy them if they did not want to DJ from a computer...

There are plenty of controllers available for computer based DJs.

I've been "on the fence" about buying the SC5000s since they were first announced (they're similar to the old HS5500 which I loved) but I already have two fantastic controllers, so I always end up deciding against it.

Posted Thu 15 Nov 18 @ 6:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)