Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Slip Mode Problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When I'm in Slip mode, and I press the pause/play button twice, the track doesn't slip. Rather, it stops and continues from where it stopped.

this is not the same as in Serato.

In serato, once in slip mode, you can press the play/pause button freely without the track going off beat.

Help, do I need to set anything?

NOTE: Every other thing in slip mode works well, scratching, cue and other effects. just the pause/play button doesn't obey the rule.

Posted Fri 19 Oct 18 @ 5:22 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
iamDJvirus wrote :
... this is not the same as in Serato

This was never the sole reason for VDJ to follow something that others do! ;)

I understand that combining Slip mode with scratching, hot cues, loops etc provide some kind of mixing technique without losing the beat, but can you find a good reason why and in what case having the play/pause working that way in slip mode , would serve any mixing purpose/technique ?
If all you want is to mute sound and continue in beat, then why don't you just set its volume to zero and restore back when u need ?

Posted Sat 20 Oct 18 @ 1:15 am
maybe he is trying to make a break effect?

Posted Sat 20 Oct 18 @ 1:23 am

Posted Sat 20 Oct 18 @ 9:11 am
Yeah... I'd like a slip mode pause. I want to do breaks that way and have them stay in sync. Not because of Serato but because that's how I'd like to do them.

Posted Sat 20 Oct 18 @ 6:07 pm
so, quite an old post but anyway...

i'm super noob at this but i was fiddling around with this concept and i wrote this script:

slip_mode? play? slip & pioneer_play : slip off & pioneer_play : slip off & pioneer_play

it seems to work as intended if you're only going to use global slip for this purpose: basically it checks for slip_mode (which I have already mapped to a button on my controller) and if true it activates global slip right after pause, and deactivates it on play..., if false it behaves normally (and it sets global slip off just to be sure).
So I mapped this to my play/pause and I'm a happy guy =)

As I said, i know nothing about scripting and this was a lot of trial and error, if anyone knows how to better implement this, please share!
cheers

PS: i just noticed that the play button LED wasn't functioning correctly, so I had to manually map the LED_PLAY/PAUSE to pioneer_play, and it now behaves correctly

Posted Thu 06 Aug 20 @ 12:00 pm
@deejaypandaa Normally you'd just set your scratchTime to 0 in the settings, enable slip, and put your hand on the platter (to stop it) to get the same effect.
The VDJScript command for touching the platter is
touchwheel_touch

Posted Fri 07 Aug 20 @ 5:04 pm
This is not learning other software. This is a mixing skill function. I don't understand why VDJ can't add global slip, why is it so stubborn? Many people want to add this feature, why not?

Posted Sat 26 Sep 20 @ 12:53 pm
tonyshan007 wrote :
This is not learning other software. This is a mixing skill function. I don't understand why VDJ can't add global slip, why is it so stubborn? Many people want to add this feature, why not?

The great thing about VDJ is that you can script many things without Atomix having to implement it for you.
I asked about this here and it works really well!

Posted Sat 26 Sep 20 @ 6:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)