Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: cdj 2000nxs and VDJ no sound for 2 seconds in every night

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ SWIDPRO InfinityMember since 2009
hey, i work with cdj 2000nxs and every wedding i have 1-2 times of no sound for 2 seconds while im playing,
when i have the 2 seconds of no sound in the same time i can see that the *wave in VDJ jumps 4 beats*,
every time the same thing the wave of the playing song jumps 4 beats and there is no sound for 2 seconds.
i had before cdj 2000 not nxs with the same problem so i bought a new 2000nxs last year And still i have the same problem.
now i'm on the current VDJ 2018 version, it happend to me in every update, i tried a new usb cables and new usb hub And still the same problem (quality items)
i have macbook pro 2015 15" i7 16gb ram 500gb ssd osx 10.10.5
VDJ 2018 last update
please help me to solve this problem
thank you

Posted Thu 18 Oct 18 @ 11:18 am
Did you check if it happens on different songs? Otherwise some files could be corrupted.

Posted Thu 18 Oct 18 @ 11:56 am
rendom songs, the same song i another gig play's fine...

Posted Thu 18 Oct 18 @ 1:00 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What is your sound setup? Are you using asio or wasapi?

Posted Thu 18 Oct 18 @ 3:00 pm
Hey adion its osx not windows, i have macbook pro with osx 10.10.5

Posted Sat 20 Oct 18 @ 2:41 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
So you are using just the 2 cdj's in your audio config as deck 1 and deck 2 audio?

Posted Sat 20 Oct 18 @ 7:31 am
Yes that's correct

Posted Sat 20 Oct 18 @ 1:01 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There is a chance the audio interruptions you have coming from some brief USB disconnections. I suppose, not enough USB ports on your Mac to try your CDJs connected directly without any hub, right ?
Can you reproduce at home, or random ?

One other thing you could try in order to see if the USB bus is somehow overloaded, would be to delete some actions assigned to the keys that offer waveforms and other data on the CDJs screens. So, starting from the factory default mapping, delete the actions for the DATA_BROWSER, DATA_COVER, DATA_WAVEFORM keys (you wont get all the info on the screen, but at least we can exclude some options)

Posted Sat 20 Oct 18 @ 10:45 pm
I can try to work with the cdj׳s connected directly to my mac it's 2 cdj's and 2 usb ports, I don't believe it's a usb bus overload i have a very powerful mac I think he can handle the data transfer but I will delete those actions in the mapper to see if there is any change.
Can you guess what makes the waveform jump 4 beats and make the sound go when this problem happens ?

Posted Sun 21 Oct 18 @ 2:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)