Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Songs missing from search - have to re-add dir every time program is opened..

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have to say first off,,i'm not buying till I get this issue fixed...
Have looked all over and still no answer..
What happens is everytime I open up vdj7 (not going new ver ! ) , I have to re-add some dirs. every time, other wise I'm missing a hugh amount of music.. Once the dir has been re-added everything shows up.. IS there in fact a limitation on the catalog search size.?????
Aprox size of files being cataloged/searched is 100,000 mp3,,,250,000 karaoke, and aprox 6000 video..

Posted Mon 24 Sep 18 @ 6:28 pm
Check your operating system permissions and make sure the documents> virtualdj folder has read write permission.

There is no upper limit to the database size but that's a hell of a lot of files.

I would suggest using VDJ8 as it is far superior to V7, especially on the video side.

Posted Mon 24 Sep 18 @ 8:09 pm
I checked the permissions and no prob there..
The dirs. that seem to give the prob are big,,,137gig and 345gig,312gig and 442gig. mainly the first 2..
After I re-add them it's all good till I shutdown the program, then have to do all over again..
It doesn't seem to happen to the smaller dirs., which is why I thought maybe a size limit within the search database..
Very strange issue...

Posted Mon 24 Sep 18 @ 11:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)