Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Using diffrent cdj at The same time with VDJ 2018

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Last night I have a setup with 2 cdj-2000 and 1 cdj-2000nxs2 + djm 900nxs2 using the djm as soundcard. By some circunstances one 2000 and the 2000nxs2 was connected to the laptop for use as controllers, but I cant work with this mixed setup together. All mapping was correct but only one of each cdj has control on virtual dj.

At the end, I needed to put away the cdj-2000nxs2 and connect The other 2000.

Is there some conflict with combine diffrent cdjs in the midi setup?

Posted Tue 18 Sep 18 @ 6:18 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Should be no problem, but you may need to check in Options->Controllers that the each has the correct deck selected.

Do you have another account btw? Your account only shows an LE license, which can't be used with other controllers.

Posted Tue 18 Sep 18 @ 6:25 am
This is my personal account. In the club have they own licence for VDJ8.

Posted Tue 18 Sep 18 @ 6:28 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Ok, like I said, check Config->Controllers if each of the cdj's shows up, select each and see if the deck assignment is correct, and also check if you press a button it shows up in the recent buttons list in the config page as well.

Posted Tue 18 Sep 18 @ 6:30 am
Adion wrote :
Ok, like I said, check Config->Controllers if each of the cdj's shows up, select each and see if the deck assignment is correct, and also check if you press a button it shows up in the recent buttons list in the config page as well.

Yes, each cdj show up and assigned to a deck. But only work the first cdj that I touch, and the other remain inactive. But the slector wheel only works in both.

Posted Tue 18 Sep 18 @ 6:35 am
I use a DJM-900NXS2 and 2x XDJ-700 at home without a problem all connected to 1 (non-powered) USB 3.0 hub.

When I was at a festival, I had to use the DJM-900NXS2 with 2x CDJ-2000NXS2 players. I had the same problem with this setup. I could not fully control one of the 2 CDJ's
When I connected the 2 CDJ's to the USB hub on USB port 1 and DJM connected to USB port 2 everything worked fine.

I did not have this problem with DJM-900NXS2 with 2x CDJ-2000 setup. So maybe the 2000NXS2 players require more (USB) bandwith to communicate?

Posted Fri 21 Sep 18 @ 12:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)