Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Fade In/Out on sample pads

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I would love a setting on the sampler pads where I could assign a fade in on play and fade out on once pressed again. How I have used such a feature is loading song's for ceremonies onto pads, and when pressing them it triggers the song but I don't always know how much of the song I need to play and instead of working a fader if I can set a pre determined fade time I trigger the button again and it fades out, I then press the next button that has the next song, like seating of mothers song, processional, bride entrance, recessional. so buttons that when pressed they start playing, when you press it again it fades the song out. Thanks!

Posted Tue 04 Sep 18 @ 3:50 pm
alucasCUE userMember since 2008
If you are familiar with VDJScript, you can write a macro (series of commands) and assign it to a pad. I haven't actually tried it but I have a "fade" button in my skin which works beautifully so I guess it would work on a pad the same way.

Posted Sun 09 Sep 18 @ 9:14 am
This should make the sampler in the first slot of the selected sample bank fade in:
sampler_volume 1 0% & sampler_play 1 & repeat_start_instant 'fadein' 250ms 20 & sampler_volume 1 +5%

And this should make it fade out:
repeat_start_instant 'fadeout' 250ms 20 & sampler_volume 1 -5% & sampler_volume 1 & param_smaller 1% ? sampler_stop 1

You can of course change the slot, the speed and the pct steps as you like

Posted Sun 09 Sep 18 @ 11:35 am
Thanks SO MUCH Klausmogensen im going to give this a try, should I just assign this to a custom button? or is there a place in the sampler window where I can assign this to the sampler button?. Thanks again guys!

Posted Mon 10 Sep 18 @ 2:11 pm
Soundboard Studio Lite by JoeAllenPro Limited

This iPhone app works like I would want the pads in virtual dj to work.

Posted Sun 16 Sep 18 @ 11:35 pm
SamTheRecordMan wrote :
Thanks SO MUCH Klausmogensen im going to give this a try, should I just assign this to a custom button? or is there a place in the sampler window where I can assign this to the sampler button?. Thanks again guys!

The easiest is probably to create a new pad page for sample fade in / fade out

Posted Mon 17 Sep 18 @ 5:27 am
Is there a way to attach the VDJScript to the pads? I see under the custom pads in the default skin i can click on a custom pad and assign the script. I would like to have larger buttons onscreen that i can press on my tablet, as im using this without a controller or external device. Trying to be as portable as possible for my ceremony system. This is running on a 8" windows 10 tablet:-) Thanks for all your help!!

Posted Mon 17 Sep 18 @ 2:49 pm

Posted Mon 17 Sep 18 @ 2:50 pm
Yes, you are correct in how you do it
Whether you can then see and execute the pads in the GUI is up to your skin
IMO: You need to use a skin with a pad section

Posted Mon 17 Sep 18 @ 3:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)