Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Rekordbox DJ claims:

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Purely professional. rekordbox dj employs sound processing from the top-flight CDJ-2000NXS player and DJM-900NXS mixer to provide superior sound quality.
Lowest latency in the business.

Does Rekordbox have the best sounding software in the business?

Posted Tue 21 Aug 18 @ 9:25 pm
Just marketing BS. Atomix heralded VDJ having 99 decks in one of the releases but noone ever uses more than 4 of them!

Posted Tue 21 Aug 18 @ 9:51 pm
Actually that's must mean they claim to have the best sounding hardware, not software, since in a regular Pioneer Nexus setup there is no DJ software involved while DJing. Only firmware

And nobody can really claim to have the best sounding software because so much depends on the soundcard hardware and hardware drivers you use with it

Posted Wed 22 Aug 18 @ 5:52 am
I'll try my best to avoid being devil's advocate, but what does "best sounding" software means ? What does "best sound" means ?
Please define these two terms. And after you define them, please define the term "sound quality" and how it's measured (in order to be able to compare two devices or two software titles)

Posted Wed 22 Aug 18 @ 6:33 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
PhantomDeejay wrote :
"sound quality" and how it's measured

It's measured in bananas / football fields... That's common knowledge...

Posted Wed 22 Aug 18 @ 10:31 am
I would assume they are employing the same algorithm in the Rekordbox software used in the hardware.

Posted Wed 22 Aug 18 @ 2:01 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Wrong assumption...

Pioneer CDJ/DJM Set up in stand alone mode sounds better than any software... even with their own Rekordbox.

If you use that set up with VDJ, Rekordbox and Traktor using the CDJ’s soundcards, that will sound better than Serato’s HID mode.

This is a personal opinion but with actual tests made.

But seriously NOT noticeable to people who are not DJs (or Audio Tech/Eng).

Posted Wed 22 Aug 18 @ 2:21 pm
Doesn't matter to most of us. I am a die-hard vdj fan

Posted Wed 22 Aug 18 @ 4:11 pm
Oh right, so it sounds better but it's not noticeable - OK.

Posted Wed 22 Aug 18 @ 4:25 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
burnyabad wrote :

You posted a topic where you are not interested with the answer/s.

Posted Wed 22 Aug 18 @ 4:35 pm
I cant say if they have the best sounding software, but i would say the name rekordbox is one of the better sounding dj software names

Posted Wed 22 Aug 18 @ 4:48 pm
938MyDJ wrote :
burnyabad wrote :

You posted a topic where you are not interested with the answer/s.

what does that mean? I was on their website and saw the advertisement. I use Serato Dj, SSL, Rekordbox, and virtual dj. I thought it would be interesting to see what can be said about such claims.

Posted Wed 22 Aug 18 @ 7:08 pm
djjohnnyrox wrote :
I cant say if they have the best sounding software, but i would say the name rekordbox is one of the better sounding dj software names

.... oh no, not again this discussion. Please....

Posted Wed 22 Aug 18 @ 7:45 pm
I just threw up a little bit.

Posted Wed 22 Aug 18 @ 8:08 pm
DMG888Home userMember since 2016
i don't see many audiophiles @a rave
i don.t see many audiophiles @a club

Posted Wed 22 Aug 18 @ 8:18 pm
Here we do again , sound quality !

It's in the ear of the listener !

Seriously, there are so many thing that will colour the sound, and the whole playback chain of equipment ...

For example a love the really tight base i get with one of my older mosfet amps and sub setup.

The difference in sound quality is subtle but noticeable, regardless of the source .

I guess you just build your setup the way you want, if your a professional i am sure your going to make sensible equipment buying decisions , and as long as tou put your system together right , i think its actually quite hard to get a poor sounding system these days .....

Od course ,follow the basic rules , higher bitrate source material, normalise or gain adjust, choose reasonable sound card, don't over drive. Don't clip your output, choose professional speakers, make sure your amps well rated for the speakers tou have chosen

Ohh and the technical term for that tight base i mentioned, is having a high damping factor, which is the ability of the amplifier to control the back end of the speaker

Posted Thu 23 Aug 18 @ 2:04 pm
Bass or Base .... you decide .....

Posted Thu 23 Aug 18 @ 2:48 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Dj Tinitus :)

Posted Thu 23 Aug 18 @ 4:16 pm
kjdj99PRO InfinityMember since 2009
I had a discussion with a DJ in the next door ball room one time. He had a JBL SP Subs and Behringer tops telling me his sound was the best because his source was Rekordbox. Kids and entry level sound systems...

Posted Sat 25 Aug 18 @ 6:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)