Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: vdj2018 issues on mac

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi guys been having right issues with my MacBook since installing vdj 2018, so my 1st set up, late 2011 MacBook pro 15, with radeon hd6770m 1gb graphics, 8gb ram 2.2ghz i7 processor, running high sierra. running 2018 vdi i'm having major graphics issues, video skin is off as is dxva, anyhow tonights performance it ran fine for 30 mins then the left hand screen slid across to the left appearing on the right hand side of the screen with a big black bar down the screen centre. then the vdj interface started to distort/go fuzzy which was on/off this eventually also did the same on the connected monitor (15" 800x600 resolutions) i had to reboot 4 times and switch to just audio to get through the night but it went into fault again about 30 mins from the end. i had the same set up wednesday but with a pc to tv composite break out box, and had no issues, so i thought perhaps the monitor or lead was at fault or to low a resolution however i came home and connected to my UHD tv at 1080p resolution from the mac and after 5 mins the fault showed again. again with dxva & video skin turned off. both monitors were connected by mini display port to vga(for the 800x600 monitor) and mini display port to hdmi adaptor for the 1080p tv. this showed as an issue when 2018 first installed so i did a clean install and it was ok for a couple of gigs until tonight, luckily i still had a download of vdi 8.2 which i have now installed and is running perfectly which rules out the graphics card.
my second MacBook is a 2015 retina model, i7 2.5gig processor,16gb ram radeon m370x 2gb graphics again running high sierra, i've only recently purchased this machine and i'm yet to gig it but on first install of vdj 2018 it was also displaying the distorted graphics issues as above, again after a clean install it seemed to behave on a 72 hour test on running video auto mix, although there were a few glitches and distortions along the way. this was whilst connected to my UHD tv direct from the built in hdmi port. i'm about to raise a support ticket on this issue, as it seems to be a general mac problem, as much as i like vdj 2018 i think i'll stick to 8.2 until the bugs have been ironed out.

Posted Sat 18 Aug 18 @ 1:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)