Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pitch / beat lock

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am trying to get the 4 decks to all be sync'd when moving the pitch slider to change the tempo.
I am using the std VDJ8 skin with a reloop touch.
I have tried switching on the "beatlocks", visible when on the scratch mode of the skin.
I can't see that this does anything?
I have also tried switching on "pitchlock" in the audio menu under options.
This did sort of work, but is no longer working at all.

The way I was testing this was to load the main song in deck 1 with the pitch slider centred and deck set to master, then loading 3 other songs in decks 2 to 4, sync'd to deck 1. Then with out playing any songs, I would adjust the deck 1 pitch slider to see if all the decks would change tempo in sync.

Could someone please explain in more detail than the manual what both of these controls do?
Because from the manual, my understanding is that they both are supposed to do the exact same thing, but have different names. I'm sure I am misunderstanding something and just need a better explanation.
Is there a problem with this function being used on the reloop touch? Can someone please test?

EDIT: I have found that after selecting yes in the options menu for pitchlock, when I look again in the options menu it has deselected itself.

Posted Mon 13 Aug 18 @ 2:00 am
Here is a bit more info. It's the last 2:

Posted Mon 13 Aug 18 @ 4:31 am
That was helpful, thanks Klaus. Good clarification.
I had already found that Beatlock was the function I needed.
I found though that you can only lock tracks to decks 1 & 2 as master. Won't work if trying to lock tracks 1 & 2 to 3 or 4 as master, for some reason. Which is ok.
So I have been practicing using Beatlock and find it will do what I want.

Posted Mon 13 Aug 18 @ 11:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)