Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-Ergo - no Sound VDJ8.3 b4514

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HutsyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Hi Guys,

Tried looking around on the forum but no joy.

Pretty old controller but has been working fine until recently where sound isn't coming out from headphones OR external speakers connected via RCA. Tried brand new cables as prior cables were dying but still nothing.

All the levels are showing activity on screen but it does seem that Audacity is not picking up sound via my other connection which also used to work fine.

It looks like I've got the latest ASIO and Ergo drivers and my configuration hasn't changed.

Nothing has changed my end at all, especially as I've not used it for about a month.

Any ideas?!

Thanks.

Posted Sun 12 Aug 18 @ 5:47 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
What if you set the Ergo as default playback device for windows, then try to play an audio file with a Media Player (not VDJ). Do you get sound from speakers connected to the Master Output of Ergo ?

Posted Sun 12 Aug 18 @ 7:11 pm
Just tried and no sound from Ergo being used as the default on Windows!

Posted Sun 12 Aug 18 @ 7:24 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You need to start troubleshooting and try simple setups and connections to see what is broken. Speakers, cables, Ergo. But definitely it's not VDJ.
You mentioned something about Audacity and "other connections" so can't help you further unless u provide more details

Posted Mon 13 Aug 18 @ 12:10 am
my ergo is working fine with VDJ latest build same as always.

FYI it has never worked with windows sound with the ASIO driver so I don't think that will be much of a test.

Posted Mon 13 Aug 18 @ 12:37 am
djdad wrote :
You need to start troubleshooting and try simple setups and connections to see what is broken. Speakers, cables, Ergo. But definitely it's not VDJ.
You mentioned something about Audacity and "other connections" so can't help you further unless u provide more details

Will do!

This is what I have so far:

- Virtual DJ plays through my speakers just via the PC sound card
- I normally use RCA into the back of my stereo into aux and that always worked (I have tried brand new cables as my originals where getting temperamental)
- Sound doesn't come out of my stereo when plugged into the controller via RCA
- I use TRS to 1/4 jack to plug into PC from the controller to record via Audacity. This has always worked but no levels are being picked up (will try to have a play around with settings)

It's sounding like hardware but I really hope it's not!

I will take my work laptop home soon to test on that, as that has worked in the past too.

That's what I have so far!

Thanks for the responses so far.

John

Posted Mon 13 Aug 18 @ 7:46 am
I should note that I'll be testing another speaker too. I have a Minirig that I'll connect via the TRS to 1/4 jack.

That way from a hardware perspective, it's a different computer and different speaker / output.

Posted Mon 13 Aug 18 @ 11:26 am
Hutsy wrote :

Sound doesn't come out of my stereo when plugged into the controller via RCA

Well no of course it won't, because you said....
Hutsy wrote :

Virtual DJ plays through my speakers just via the PC sound card

If you've got VDJ outputting to your PC card then it won't output through your Ergo.

Posted Mon 13 Aug 18 @ 5:06 pm
I mean my pc is connected to my stereo via rca normally so that all works.

When I DJ, I remove that connection and replace it with a connection to my controller.

OK, so laptop and mini rig worked so controller hardware seems intact. Sound from headphones and speaker.

For some strange reason despite trying this many times last night - switching away from ASIO in the configuration to WASPI (I think that's the name) only bloody worked this time on the pc!

Seems to be fixed thankfully.

Once again, thanks for the responses. Really appreciate it!

Posted Mon 13 Aug 18 @ 11:53 pm
tx worked for me.

Posted Thu 15 Oct 20 @ 3:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)