Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Issues with my Dj Mono splitter and Virtual DJ - Please help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I recently bought a Traktor DJ Mono splitter to use with my Numark Mixtrack 3 (it does not have a sound card built in). After setting it up so the headphones went through one mono channel and my speakers went through the other, I played a song. It didn't work, playing the song out of both my headphones and the speakers. I played another song on the second track and clicked the headphones button on my Mixtrack, but still nothing changed. I am really annoyed, because the first time I used it it work perfectly. Did I buy the wrong splitter? And why is it not working now? I am worried because I have a gig Saturday Night and would like to be able to pre-listen then.

Thanks!

Posted Thu 09 Aug 18 @ 2:22 pm
No, the "Traktor DJ Mono splitter" looks to be fine as far as I can tell

Your audio setup should then look something like this

To test it you can plug your headphones into the output on your laptop (without your new cable)
You should then get the CUE output in one ear and the MASTER output in the other ear when you play one deck turned up as master and the other only as cue
If that works your audio setup is correct, and you need to look at your cable
If that doesn't work, it's not the new cables fault - then you need to look at your audio setup in VDJ again

Posted Thu 09 Aug 18 @ 3:16 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
No, the "Traktor DJ Mono splitter" looks to be fine as far as I can tell

Your audio setup should then look something like this

To test it you can plug your headphones into the output on your laptop (without your new cable)
You should then get the CUE output in one ear and the MASTER output in the other ear when you play one deck turned up as master and the other only as cue
If that works your audio setup is correct, and you need to look at your cable
If that doesn't work, it's not the new cables fault - then you need to look at your audio setup in VDJ again

Thank you sooo much, I guess it was just my audio setup. That would explain why it worked before but then stopped working. You saved my gig on Saturday!

Posted Thu 09 Aug 18 @ 4:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)