Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Horrible clicking noise when using my new Numark mixtrack pro 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, I am hearing a persistent clicking noise both in the headphones and through the speakers when using my MixTrack Pro 3. I have VDJ 8 Infinity and running it on windows 10. Can anyone help please.

Posted Sat 28 Jul 18 @ 8:01 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Sat 28 Jul 18 @ 8:25 pm

Posted Sun 29 Jul 18 @ 12:49 am
have you checked the windows isn't using your sound card for system sounds?
windows volume mixer.

Posted Sun 29 Jul 18 @ 12:51 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
For wasapi, you can also try to turn on exclusiveAudioAccess in options (or turn it off if it was on)

Posted Sun 29 Jul 18 @ 7:15 am
Adion wrote :
For wasapi, you can also try to turn on exclusiveAudioAccess in options (or turn it off if it was on)

Hi, thanks for the tip. Turning OFF the exclusiveAudioAccess does get rid of the clicking but it reduces the volume (and overall sound quality) and puts me at the mercy of the computer's own volume control - is there perhaps some kind of compromise?

Posted Mon 30 Jul 18 @ 6:18 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you put the computer volume max it should be similar. Also make sure no sound effects are enabled in the windows settings

Posted Mon 30 Jul 18 @ 10:07 am
Seems odd that turning exclusive audio off would be an answer, could you give a quick reasoning please? I could just accept it without understanding, but better to know.

Posted Mon 30 Jul 18 @ 10:14 am
locodog wrote :
Seems odd that turning exclusive audio off would be an answer, could you give a quick reasoning please? I could just accept it without understanding, but better to know.

I'm just happy that it's worked but, yes, some understanding might be helpful.

Posted Wed 01 Aug 18 @ 6:09 am
buddy, increase your buffersize a little. it might add a few milliseconds but will take away the clicking sound. have you tried it on another computer with the same result?

Posted Mon 13 Aug 18 @ 10:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)