Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Lighting control within VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

has anyone started using the lighting tools inside vdj? I would love to know. I ordered a light box compatible with so2l and was curious.

Posted Mon 09 Jul 18 @ 2:08 pm
bumpePRO InfinityMember since 2011
burnyabad wrote :
has anyone started using the lighting tools inside vdj? I would love to know. I ordered a light box compatible with so2l and was curious.

I tried but no success.

Posted Mon 09 Jul 18 @ 7:33 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Mon 09 Jul 18 @ 10:04 pm
hdsonPRO InfinityMember since 2011

Posted Tue 10 Jul 18 @ 5:34 am
I must say, I am enjoying the hardware control using my ddj-sz

Posted Thu 12 Jul 18 @ 4:31 pm
Hey everyone! I use VDJ on a Mac and I have a few DMX lights I would like to sync up to the music. Has anyone had any success with this? What DMX controllers & software could I use that will work with VirtualDJ and the Mac? Please provide some info and links to vendors if possible.

Posted Fri 12 Apr 19 @ 10:48 pm
ShowXpress or SoundSwitch

Both work well on a Mac.

Posted Sat 13 Apr 19 @ 2:28 am
Greetings...
I downloaded and installed the latest versions of both (OSX), and have Virtual DJ showing up in ShowXpress as demonstrated on the rightside with the beat counter working. I watched the Youtube video, but it isn't clear on how to make it work.

Do you have to use the POI editor to create a show?
If I right click on a button inside ShowXpress, there is an option to trigger via DMX... Do I select the channel that the light is on?
How do you get the beat to trigger any lights?

Cool stuff, thanks in advance.
Chizzer

Posted Sat 21 Nov 20 @ 1:54 am
Make sure you run the latest Patch .. https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=3438
You dont have to do anything else in order to control your scenes with VirtualDJ, other than using the action ..

os2l_button 'TheNameOfTheScene'

Here is a very useful Tool to pass your scenes to a Pads page or some popular multi-pads controller mapping
https://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?category=other&search=os2l

Note: Right-click on your Live buttons in ShowXpress and select Speed Properties->Beat

For creating a show per Track, yes you will need to use the POI Editor and the same actions as above, but for generic/manual purpose, there is no need to.

Made a WIKI page for TheLightingController (Sweetlight, ShowXPress, QuickDMX) https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/TheLightingController%20with%20OS2L.html

Posted Sat 21 Nov 20 @ 9:27 am
Hello DjDad.. :)
Thanks very much for the reply and resources.
I downloaded the V9 yesterday, and added the "fix" today.
However, I must be misunderstanding... I can't get it to work yet.
Does the button need to have multiple steps?
For example, DMX-1 in the top left (image attached) is a multi-step... the one on the right with the checkmark is a single red LED element. I am assuming as you pointed out, all I need do - is right-click on a button and change to BEAT.... (in image), then playing any song should trigger the light to flash?

Thanks again for your help. Once I get it fired up, I will have a look at your other link.

Posted Sun 22 Nov 20 @ 1:10 am

Posted Sun 22 Nov 20 @ 7:03 am
Thanks again for your response and the link... I don't wish to wear out my welcome with your time, but quickly...I am confused by the VDJ functionality.

1. Is there a difference between the OS2l button and the "regular" lighting control buttons.... the buttons I have in the image?
2. Do I need to create some kind of button/trigger with OS2l in VDJ first?
3. My current understanding is to just right-click on any existing button (image) and change the Speed Properties to BEAT and Trigger Step by Step.

If it is Speed Properties, from your lighting controller forum link - I can see I may have issues with the timing of the steps.
Again, really appreciate your time, thank you.

Posted Sun 22 Nov 20 @ 7:16 pm
djdad wrote :
If the os2l button you created , triggers the Scene, then the VDJ part is OK. Not sure what you expect to happen with a single-step scene, but this may be useful https://thelightingcontroller.com/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=6611#p27163

Better to open a topic in the thelightingcontroller.com forum and ask for details there.

* For those following this thread - this was the answer from the link above:

We suggest this setting for the required effect:
- 2 steps only in the scene
- step #1 "on" with short duration (0,2 sec for instance)
- step #2 "off" with duration 1 sec for instance (not really important because of "pause at end" option)
- speed set to 1/1 (1/4 means play 4 times the scene between 2 Beats)
And 4/1 means play the scene one time after 4 Beats.

Thanks again DjDad.

Posted Tue 24 Nov 20 @ 3:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)