Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Issues with Broadcasting live to facebook.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a DDJ SZ and I was able to broadcast live with sound. I didn't add a record line though, I added a master line and set it to 9,10. I was able to broadcast to Facebook live with sound. However there was alot of lagging in the video image and the audio started skipping real bad and eventually just went silent. I could hear everything on my end just find but online the audio wasn't playing. I was streaming for about 13 mins before it cut out. I didn't realize it until aboit 10 mins after it cut out. We need a quick fix for this one ASAP.

Posted Fri 06 Jul 18 @ 7:06 pm
video streaming online has many factors to get quality output your internet upload speed is the main factor and also internet traffic etc all play a role this... it is probably not going to be fixed by Atromix ... streaming works pretty great for me ....

Posted Fri 06 Jul 18 @ 8:22 pm
Part 1: What was your bitrate you were uploading at?
Part2: What upload speed can your internet handle?

Posted Fri 06 Jul 18 @ 11:12 pm
Sony Music cut the sound on my Facebook broadcast. Didn't get a notification for over an hour! Is this relative to the version/license of VDJ?

Posted Mon 10 Sep 18 @ 11:20 pm

Posted Tue 11 Sep 18 @ 5:51 am
I am aware of PPL and PRS. I had ignorantly assumed it's the business' responsibility and that would be - in this case - Facebook because I thought, maybe they do what Mixcloud does. Apparently not.
Would this be the correct license: Performing Right Online Licence (PROL)?
It would seem that many of the online streaming licenses do not apply to Facebook but there's little on the PRS website to say what license does apply to Facebook Live.

Posted Tue 11 Sep 18 @ 4:59 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
There's indeed no way to let Facebook know that you have the correct license, so you can only wait until Facebook takes care of licensing with the labels

Posted Tue 11 Sep 18 @ 5:17 pm
So what's the point of having the live broadcast plugins then?

The same reason I carry a (fill in here)………, just in case.

Posted Tue 11 Sep 18 @ 6:55 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
There are more streaming platforms than Facebook, and there's more music than sony's.
Also, afaik Facebook is working on getting licenses sorted

Posted Wed 12 Sep 18 @ 2:54 am
This web page explains things clearly.

The thing is, when Facebook enabled live streaming, they weren't aiming it at DJs - who immediately see it as an opportunity to "do a show" and break copyright by playing music. Like YouTube, it's supposed to be for "reality video" - users home made stuff.

Posted Wed 12 Sep 18 @ 7:08 am
Adion wrote :
There's indeed no way to let Facebook know that you have the correct license, so you can only wait until Facebook takes care of licensing with the labels

Best response.

Posted Sat 22 Sep 18 @ 11:08 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)