Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Does anyone know of any good breaks producers..........?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Does anyone know of any good breaks producers that make tracks that don't suffer from EPIC BREAKDOWN SYNDROME ? Every genre suffers from epic breakdown syndrome, it's making me want to quit dj'ing

Posted Wed 04 Jul 18 @ 4:15 pm
I edited the title, because it was quite long and you said the same thing in the post. You may need to find a different mix, or add the drum beats as I do.

Posted Wed 04 Jul 18 @ 8:02 pm
Thanks, I tried looping the tracks but to be honest I can't do this for every track, it's a painstaking task, just wish producers would stop this epic break syndrome, it's so pointless, dj's were meant to keep the beat constant and these modern tracks are anything but constant, bores the life out of me

Posted Wed 04 Jul 18 @ 10:44 pm
I feel you, what I meant was to use the drum samples. There are a number in the plug in section. They loop and most adjust to the bpm.

Posted Thu 05 Jul 18 @ 12:54 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I know what you're saying, not all producers but a lot seem stuck in a formula.
Bigbeat was the best era for breaks in my opinion so many tracks from back then still stand up today, I like the electro breaks that came out of that. Then I lost interest.

Posted Thu 05 Jul 18 @ 8:13 am
Thanks for the replies guys,. I know you may think this is lazy but I really don't want to edit every single track for mixing, it will go into thousands of tracks, also you have to loop different parts of the tracks for sake of variety and with it comes mistakes, it's tricky when you can tell it suddenly jump to an earlier part of the track halfway through a synth, vdj is very clever at making it seamless but some synths are hard to work with, I have remixed 9 tracks but to get it right took nearly 3 hours, so you can see why I don't want to do it over and over.

I am probably going to give up dj'ing, I like mixing old tunes (without epic break syndrome)but it wont do if I ever want to play out, and if I play out with the new rubbish tunes its like this from the start of a mix....

start of set

1.tiny boring intro.......2. Long breakdown (crowd yawns).......3. hurried transition over the few bars that follow the long boring breakdown .............4. goes into the next tune. 5. either run out of beats to do the mix or hurry the mix out before epic breakdown syndrome of the tune ......

Yeah I think it's time to quit DJ'ing , modern producers are clueless as to what dj'ing is actually about .

If beat mixing was invented so the clubbers wouldn't leave a dancefloor and to keep music constant....why does every producer keep putting stupid long breaks after every tiny section of beats, the breakdowns are also stupidly long too and when the drop comes it's so underwhelming, like waiting ages to hear a punchline of a bad joke.

transition, breakdown, transition, breakdown, transition, breakdown ...........Boring

I went raving in the mid to late 90's and very very few tunes had these breakdowns and if they did it was momentarily.....the beat was constant and it was kept constant, I mix with real vinyl too and it's awful with these modern tunes.....there isn't time to manually beatmatch 2 records into one section of beats.....so every single mix results in a long boring breakdown that follows .....and if this happens ....whatis the point in beatmixing in the first place

Posted Thu 05 Jul 18 @ 8:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)