Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Shaders on/off

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
The shaders are causing me problems. Sometimes they are difficult to turn off. Also it is unclear where you are supposed to switch them on since they appear in multiple menus. I will still be using milkdrop and other video fx so all I want is one simple on/off button.

Posted Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 8:00 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
On deck
deck x effect_active "shader"
On master (this is a guess)
deck master effect_active "shader"

I do know what you mean about difficult to turn off, via the mouse, for the master video/transition you have to actually turn it off from the effect_select drop down menu.

Posted Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 8:09 am
I'm using an old test laptop. It might be slow. When I get the drop down menu from the video source button a little slider appears which can be used to switch the shader on/off. This sometimes seems to stick but I need to be able to instantly clear the screens for karaoke or whatever.

Thanks for the script..that may enable me to use 2018 for work.

Update..the scripts are not working. Maybe the earlier build of vdj8.2 is messing things around?

Posted Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 8:21 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You use the 'video source' one if you want it to automatically turn on/off based on if the track played is audio only or has a video clip.
To turn it off, use the switch in the menu.

If you want to have it on all the time all the time, and manually turn it on/off, you should select it as 'overlay'.

Posted Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 8:29 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Let me know if master doesn't work and i'll have another poke at it when I'm home.

Posted Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 8:30 am
I'm not getting either script working. I replaced x with 1 and used deck 1.

An on/off on the master would be ideal.

Posted Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 8:43 am
This seems to work.

video_fx "Shader" ? video_fx "Shader" off : video_fx "Shader" on

or

deck master video_fx "Shader" ? deck master video_fx "Shader" off : deck master video_fx "Shader" on

These scripts did not work straight away..there was a delay like when using milkdrop. That might apply to your scripts Loco.

Posted Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 5:57 pm
If the UI is up for the current video source visualization, then you can't turn it off with the switch. You might have to click the switch a couple times and then it won't turn off if UI is up. If UI is not up, the switch works as expected.

Posted Tue 10 Jul 18 @ 8:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)