Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Buying a Behringer UFO202 U-phono USB Audio Interface. What cables do I need for set with speakers PA?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I just wondered if someone could provide links for what cables I would need to use with this interface. I am using speakers with a PA for a set next week and am running out of time. I want to make sure I have the right cables just in case PA company don't supply and want to cover all bases re connectivity? Thanks

Posted Fri 22 Jun 18 @ 10:48 am
Just found the answer on eh forum ;)

Posted Fri 22 Jun 18 @ 12:17 pm
Now that I have the cables, can anyone advise on exact setting I need to modify to use headphones for mixing, my two sound cards and going through pa and speakers? Thanks.

Posted Fri 22 Jun 18 @ 12:40 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
2 soundcards?

Posted Fri 22 Jun 18 @ 1:19 pm
Hi loco the Behringer unit I have been advised is the soundcard. I also have a small usb one coming today.

Posted Fri 22 Jun 18 @ 1:28 pm
Never advisable to use 2 soundcards, each will have it's own latency.

Posted Fri 22 Jun 18 @ 1:53 pm
Loco I am so confused now as this is what other people use with VDJ and advised me on???

Posted Fri 22 Jun 18 @ 1:56 pm
You'll hear for yourself when you try work with two audio interfaces. It's not impossible but can be annoying.

Anyway, setup would be 2 soundcards.
Master Stereo: soundcard 1 channels 1&2
Headphones Stereo: soundcard 2 channels 1&2

Posted Fri 22 Jun 18 @ 3:11 pm
Really you should have gone for an audio interface designed for DJs that has two stereo outputs in the one unit, rather than some cheap consumer/domestic tat.

Worse still, using two different ones is just asking for problems to occur. Different circuitry, different drivers, different audio quality...

A proper DJ interface will also have lower latency, by using its own ASIO driver (assuming you're on Windows).

Posted Fri 22 Jun 18 @ 4:33 pm
Please continue this discussion here

Locked by AMAHM

Posted Fri 22 Jun 18 @ 7:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)