Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Missing beat grid.......

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

What happened to the beat grid for this song. It has happened before on other videos, but since it didn't affect my playing, I just forgot about it. See it here.

Posted Mon 14 May 18 @ 8:51 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Weird at first it looks like you had a move beatgrid command stuck (can happen if you use certain key combos) but the grid vanishing is nowt I've seen before. You weren't shifting the grid before?

Posted Mon 14 May 18 @ 9:13 pm
No, I noticed this awhile back on a Britney Spears track, and a few others. I keep forgetting to say something about it, because I'm working at the time. I was just checking this track, because I was getting ready to buy a new version. You play the track, and then the markers disappear. When I finish tonight, I will try to find another track to post..

Posted Mon 14 May 18 @ 11:20 pm
A.eXe 1PRO InfinityMember since 2011
@AMAHM thank you for posting about this, I thought it might have been the files I was getting. I've been updating my playlists that last couple of days and adding new tracks and there were 3 or 4 files that did the same thing. The bars reappear if you zoom out for most of the song. I researched the issue and found older posts on different versions of VDJ with this issue and one suggested to change the Max Load to "always". My maxPreloadLength was set to "automatic" so I changed it to "always" and it seemed to help a little but the bars still disappear throughout the song as it's playing although I didn't think it would matter since the files were just 2-4 minutes long. I update my playlists frequently and don't remember having this issue.

Posted Wed 16 May 18 @ 1:06 pm
timontyHome userMember since 2018
Hi all,

Has anyone found a way to fix the issue of the disappearing beat grid?

thanks

Posted Sat 28 Jul 18 @ 6:02 pm
I think it may depend on the type of music file. If you go to the Tag Editor and near the bottom it says something like this:
Audio: MP3 (MPEG audio layer 3), stereo, 44100 Hz, 192kbps, 03:35

I think it is the mono songs (the audio channel) that is doing this, though I haven't confirmed this.

Posted Sun 10 Mar 19 @ 11:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)