Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Video Playback issue using Pioneer DDJ-1000

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

nikb1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi,

I'm finally up and running with my DDJ-1000 so upgraded VDJ to get the drivers and mapping and it works really well. However, i used it at a gig with video last night and for some reason i dont get video output from deck 1, deck 2 seems to output video without an issue. I unplugged the controller just to check and all returned to normal with video output from both decks with VDJ standalone. reconnected the controller and again no output from deck 1 again. Sound works fine it just appears to be video and i can't seem to figure it out. i've not seen an issue like this before so unsure where to look, i'm guessing i have something set incorrectly ? My VDJ is set up the same as my previous controller, XDJ-R1, which worked fine with video for the last couple of years.

any help appreciated !

NIKB-DJ

Posted Sat 05 May 18 @ 12:38 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So when Video was playing on deck 1, what were you getting as Master Video Output ? Blank or deck 2 ?
What was the VIDEO panel showing ? Are you mixing with volume faders, or crossfader. AUTO/LINK was enabled ? Which Video transition was selected ?

Posted Sat 05 May 18 @ 1:36 pm
Hi,

thanks for the quick reply.

when the video was playing the master video output was blank but the video was playing in the small deck preview window. mixing on volume faders with auto enabled with a fade transition.

thanks

Posted Sat 05 May 18 @ 2:54 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can you reproduce at home ? When you do , please use the 4 decks default skin and post here a screenshot showing the VIDEO mixer panel

Posted Sun 06 May 18 @ 3:45 am
Hi,

right, i'm a bit further forward on this now, but still do have an issue.

I set my deck up at home in order to replicate and loaded the 4 player option only to find video is now working. Switched back to 2 player and video is still working.

So, my initial problem appears to have healed itself ! so in its current state it is usable.

Two small problems left at this point. With video crossfader in auto mode it does not appear to crossfade itself so i'm clicking on the preview screen to trigger the video transition.

Also, i have video only clips lined up on the Sampler tab so i can use it like the old clipbank. I use them if i have a track with no video just to gap fill the screens. i know they are all working samples but with the DDJ in its current set up they highlight as if triggered but they do not output to the screens.

thanks

Posted Mon 14 May 18 @ 12:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)