Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: MC7000 B2B assingment

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

cj-janPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi guys,

we are using a MC7000 in a B2B style.
The switch between two computers works fine, even when one is running VDJ Pro and the second Serato DJ.

I was wondering about the Deck assignment that is configured in VDJ and in Serato too.
When running two computer simultaniously you have on one Computer Deck 1 + 3 and on the other 2 + 4.
You can assign the left or right side of the Controller to one or both computer, but you also have a fixed Deck assignment that alwas requieres a 4 Deck Skin.

Is there a way to change a Skin or the assignment of the Controller to have in VDJ Deck 1 on the left side of the skin and Deck 3 on the right side of the skin?
Actually i use the Controller HD skin, which is great, but I didn't find a option to change this.

A second solution would be to assign the Controller Midi to the required Deck layout, maybe this is possible with "deck X rightdeck" in the mapping. In this case X would be the deck Layout i would prefer.

Posted Thu 26 Apr 18 @ 8:18 pm
cj-janPRO InfinityMember since 2004
No ideas about this topic?

Posted Sun 29 Apr 18 @ 10:00 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You cant change the Controller's Decks assignment, has to stay Left (1,3) vs Right (2,4)
So your best chance is to have a skin that shows 1 ,3 (or 2,4) as the 2 main decks. For this, you will need to edit a skin yourself, dont think there is any available that offers this layout.

One other thing you can try is to assign deck 3 (or deck 4) as rightdeck (or leftdeck), with the action..
deck 3 rightdeck (or deck 4 leftdeck)
but not sure how this will affect other operations, like effects (which are applied to left/right) etc.
The default skin (which is based on left/right decks) shows Decks 1 and 3 if i set deck 3 as right deck with the above action and works as expected. Do a test with your controller before trying this live. Some hardware don't like such "weird" assignments ;) E.g the buttons that swap decks on your controller.

Posted Sun 29 Apr 18 @ 6:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)