Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Crackling noises through PA speakers...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djkeggPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I'm using the latest version of Virtual DJ with a new Numark NVII controller. I've done two gigs with no issue but sometime in the last month, Windows has tried self installing updates and since then issues have began. What happens is I can load songs with no problem but when I play them, you can hear crackling noises in the speakers. It's not constant throughout a 4 hour gig but it comes in spurts. When I play music, crackling noises. No music, no noises. I have my controller connected directly to my laptop via USB and my speakers connected to my controller via XLR. You don't hear the noises when I play music through the laptop speakers though. I did some research and found it could be latency issues. I've did all suggest fixes and nothing has helped. I've tinkered with the settings in Virtual DJ to no avail. Any suggestions?

Posted Wed 25 Apr 18 @ 3:38 am
djkegg wrote :
I've done two gigs with no issue

You shouldn't be doing any gigs, because you only have a license suitable for home use.

djkegg wrote :
I've did all suggest fixes
Such as? Please provide as much detail as possible.

Posted Wed 25 Apr 18 @ 5:13 pm
I dont use numark, but the problem is not VDJ, it will be the ASIO Driver. For starters try adjusting the Buffer size in the driver program.

Posted Thu 26 Apr 18 @ 8:01 pm
Mac High Sierra- 2014 era.
VDJ 8
Denon MC-7000

nothing has changed in my setup- but recently crackling noise popping in speaker system.

when played through iPad nice and clear- So I know its computer or VDJ 8 somehow.
I do have a internal memory that holds all my music.

I just tried to delete and reinstall VDJ 8 (which I think I didn't do right) because all my playlists and things were back in original location.

Posted Mon 30 Apr 18 @ 5:11 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
When VDJ is making the noise, hover the mouse cursor over the CPU meter at the top of the skin. It should give you system, audio, peak audio, skin fps, video fps. What are those values?

Also, leave your PC on for a couple days, logged in, not asleep, and not on standby. Make sure to reboot after any new update installs. Then try the above again. Windows has a few search options that prescan the hard drive. If your PC is on and off a lot, it doesn't have time to do all of this as well as the rest of it's housekeeping. I've noticed a lot of people send me their computer to be fixed because of slow speed. I just let it do it's housekeeping and updates. When I give it back, I check with them a couple weeks later, still running good.

Posted Tue 01 May 18 @ 1:49 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)