Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Setting a New "One"

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When using variable grids, I am seeing that the new anchor does not always reset the phrase counter. When I set the new anchor as the first beat, it changes the count in the other part of the song.

Am I missing something?

Posted Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 3:34 am
DMayock13 wrote :
Am I missing something?

No, it's broken. It's been that way for a long time. That's why they added the '1 of 4' tick box.

Posted Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 7:40 am
Thanks for the reply.

I clicked the "1 of 4" box, but no changes seem to be applied to the phrase counter. Just something I have to live with?

Posted Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 7:48 am
I guess so. Atomix don't seem overly concerned. Some bugs have been there since VDJ 8 was first released!

As long as the grid timing is correct (either the 1,2,3 or 4 is landing on a beat) then at least the BPM will be right.

Posted Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 7:53 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Checked and it's working correct for me.

Make sure you select the 1 of 4 box for each of your grid points that are on the first beat of the measure, then it should work.

Posted Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 8:07 am
Disappointing.

Do you feel that it is not a priority since only a small portion (from my own sampling) utilize the feature?

Posted Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 8:07 am
I think most users just can't be bothered to go through every old track manually and add anchor after anchor.

IMO it really should be something that VDJ can do itself. That's a job for a computer!

Ableton Live is capable of scanning through a track and accurately adding dozens of markers, which can then be tidied up if required.

Posted Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 8:11 am
DMayock13 wrote :
Disappointing.

Do you feel that it is not a priority since only a small portion (from my own sampling) utilize the feature?

Did you try to set the 1 of 4 check box on every poi you added?

Posted Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 8:26 am

Posted Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 8:51 am
Sorry for the spam. Don't know why it posted the first two messages.

Posted Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 8:52 am
In your video it looks like it is jumping back to 1, and counting 1 .. 2 ... 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 1 .... so it seems correct?

Posted Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 3:54 pm
Finally had a bit to mess around with this.

Can't seem to get it right, even using the 1 of 4 command. I have attached a picture of the wave. The red wave is the one I am looking at right now.

The screenshot was captured exactly when the new tempo kicks in. You can see the peak and the 1 marker under it. When I keep playing, the phrase counter still does not reset. There are also some extra beat markers before the next bar kicks in. Any ideas?

Posted Sun 06 May 18 @ 4:04 am
Did a few more tracks to check my method. On about half of them, the phrase counter resets. On the other half, no change.

Is there a specific order I need to perform the tasks in? If I sent a new 1 after a beat anchor, will it alter the whole grid, or just the desired portion?

Posted Sun 06 May 18 @ 4:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)