Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Sizing VDJ Screen on ultra wide Monitor

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi Guys I have recently purchased an LG Ultra Wide Monitor to replace the multiple monitor's (7 of them lol) I used to in my old house - mainly for work but also for music.

As some of you may know already, screen control software is available to split one monitor screen into various screens in my case I only use 2 now but the issue I have is I cannot find anyway to get VDJ to snap into one portion of the 2 screen split?

Does anyone know of a solution to this - I'm on Windows 7 if then makes a difference.

Thanks for any advice offered.

Paul

Posted Wed 18 Apr 18 @ 9:59 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Are you trying to spread the deck screen or are you trying to put the video output onto another screen?

Posted Wed 18 Apr 18 @ 11:42 pm
Extend your display. Dont duplicate. You can get that thru sreen resolution or projector

Posted Thu 19 Apr 18 @ 9:04 am
I think he is saying that his monitors are capable of displaying two (2) sources on one monitor, (Split Screen). I think he wants to put VDJ video on half of the screen, and another source on the other half. I could be wrong, (it would be the first) but who's counting.

Posted Fri 20 Apr 18 @ 1:30 am
Snap to only works for an app that has WS_THICKFRAME and WS_MAXIMIZEBOX. VDJ has neither.

What are you using to get split screen to work? Most likely it is tracking window movement or sizing and rejecting it if the above styles are not in place. An app can get that to work and requires a little more handling but VDJ may have other problems with it. It needs the border so it can show the outline as it is being moved.

You might be able to get it to work if using NVIDIA clone mode etc...(NVIEW) I think there are some other options for Win 10 also.

You can just size VDJ into place though... just won't snap.

Posted Fri 20 Apr 18 @ 6:10 am
Thanks for the replies guys A Man And His Music's post is correct in that I'm trying to snap VDJ into one portion of one monitor using the 'OnScreen Control' software that comes included with the monitor and then for example having IE on the other side.

Don Moir - Thanks for your suggestions I have tried just sizing which sort of gives me what I'm after - problem is as soon as you click on the VDJ window it makes that screen 'active' and anything else on the monitor goes to the background - it that makes sense.

Its not a biggie as I still have my old monitors so can simply hook one of these up although going forward hopefully this is something the VDJ tech guys can have a look at in futures builds.

Posted Fri 20 Apr 18 @ 8:31 am
What happens if you say no to "video always on top"?

Posted Fri 20 Apr 18 @ 5:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)