Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: MCX8000 recording/broadcast volumes

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys just a quick one before I try on another pc I am having low volume probs trying to broadcast and record from this unit it worked fine on my remix 2 on 50% master but on this unit I cannot get it to clip on master using vdj decks only if I use standalone or lineins I have tried adjusting gains setting the zero db option to +1 2 3 etc but still having probs it seems there is a hidden limiter option somewhere I cannot find for the life of me any help greatly apreciated here is a test mix of me setting levels using only vdj decks have a listen and compare to any other uploaded mix and you can clearly hear my volume is lower even with everything set to 100%.

https://www.mixcloud.com/djdarkstorm/darkstorms-4cast-blown-away/

It could well be an option I am missing that maybe I hit with the shift key by mistake but I have reset to default and still have this problem.

ps latest vdj on windows 10 i3 4gb ram asus vivobook if that helps

Posted Wed 18 Apr 18 @ 12:49 pm
There is an issue with recording level on both MC7000 and MCX8000 which makes it very low.

The new MCX8000 beta software has a setting to allow the volume for USB recording to be boosted. You can either take part in the beta programme at the Denon forum or wait for the software release which should be soon.

Alternatively as a workaround you can boost the level of your recordings using software like Audacity.

Posted Wed 18 Apr 18 @ 12:59 pm
Brilliant thankyou ever so much for the info thats spot on I will wait for the firmware as I have it stable now and to my liking on vdj.

I just wondered if I was missing something as you say I can boost the recordings and my livestreams are few and far between atm so thats not much of an issue for now.

Thanks again and bigups for the fast reply have an awesome week @kradcliffe

Posted Wed 18 Apr 18 @ 3:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)