Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Limiter!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Settings adjustable for built in limiter or included plug in we can activate in the channel and master FX.

Using a controller (Denon MC7000) i mix with my gains quite low (well... where the should be, hitting 0). I'd love to be able to set a limiter at a lower level to catch the high peaks from using some FX. If I was mixing hot, there wouldn't be an issue, the VDJ limiter would activate prevent such a huge increase, change in the peaks.

Mainly using the DUB ECHO... HIDDEN FX!

Not a maximiser style limiter. Something that can be set where most of the time it will be doing nothing. Adding no colour to the sound. More like a compressor with hardwall and super fast attack time.

Posted Sun 25 Mar 18 @ 3:40 pm
You could try this free vst to do what you are asking

https://loudmax.blogspot.com/ (use the 32bit version for windows 64bit for mac)

set the output slider to what you want to peak at and try it out... btw run this on the master not on the decks

Posted Sun 25 Mar 18 @ 4:28 pm
Thank you for that. I have iZotope and various other VST compressors for DAW land. I use Cubase 9.5. However I'd like to keep my VDJ, VDJ. I was a huge fan of the Kjaerhus VST pack back in the day.

Posted Sun 25 Mar 18 @ 4:41 pm
Yeah, I'm like you (I use Waves plugins mainly, with Cubase and Ableton Live) but the Loudmax plugin is really worth a try with VDJ.

Unlike the built in limiter, it doesn't affect the output in any negative way. It just limits. It's useful to have on the master output.

Posted Sun 25 Mar 18 @ 4:49 pm
Ok, i'll give this a try now. For use in VDJ do you recommend the GUI-Less version or the normal one. I'm not fussed on Graphics. I still think it would be a nice step forward to advance the feature set of VDJ for them to work on something themselves, built in, so we don't need 3rd party.

Posted Sun 25 Mar 18 @ 6:15 pm
Usually you only need the 32-bit dll file
Like in this example:

But you probably want to use it in the master effect slot

Posted Sun 25 Mar 18 @ 7:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)