Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New DDJ-SB3.................

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Posted Thu 01 Mar 18 @ 12:36 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Thu 01 Mar 18 @ 1:48 pm

Posted Thu 01 Mar 18 @ 2:18 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

There seems to be a competition as to who can turn their software into the biggest joke, Rekordbox showing off a "perfect automix engine" and Serato with auto scratch...

Virtual DJ is about as real as it gets now....

Posted Thu 01 Mar 18 @ 11:39 pm
Wow, did I actually hear that from you? The world is truly coming to an end, I'm just glad I'm in the Caribbean when it happens.

Posted Fri 02 Mar 18 @ 5:31 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
klausmogensen wrote :

... and I think map'able in VDJ

I don't think it is mapable. There is a scratch command, but how'd you take care of the different times between two scratches of the different scratch types?

Posted Fri 02 Mar 18 @ 8:29 am

Posted Fri 02 Mar 18 @ 8:32 am

Posted Wed 07 Mar 18 @ 7:08 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
A Man and His Music wrote :
Wow, did I actually hear that from you? The world is truly coming to an end, I'm just glad I'm in the Caribbean when it happens.

You sure did, I've wasted a lot of time arguing with other DJs using reason and logic to explain to them, that their software is just as amateur/easy to mix as VDJ, they can't accept the simple reality because they need to believe that someone out there is using a less sophisticated program, and most of them pin the tail on VDJ sadly.

That's not to say there isn't plenty of room for improvement, or that VDJ hasn't done much to improve its reputation, but the kind of comments I see and hear are from bro scientists acting as the echo chambers of other bro scientists, with little in the way of facts to back up their bullshit.

Posted Wed 07 Mar 18 @ 7:48 pm
voxyzHome userMember since 2018
Does anyone know when the mapping for the SB3 will be released? :D Im quiet new and don't want to use Serato, but im not able to use the SB3 with VDJ. Thank you for your help

Posted Thu 22 Mar 18 @ 8:12 pm
Just update to the latest early access build.

Posted Thu 22 Mar 18 @ 8:44 pm
groovindj wrote :

Can you tell me how to do that?

Posted Thu 22 Mar 18 @ 11:42 pm
dk102467 wrote :
groovindj wrote :

Can you tell me how to do that?

Just download the last release on the Download section of the VDJ website.

@groovindj :
The last release notes (8.2 b3994) doesn't mention any info regarding the DDJ-SB3 support... I assume that the controller is newer than the last VDJ8 version... So there should be no official mapping yet (no transition/scratch features support then).
How can we support the SB3, then ? Custom mapping ? SB2 mapping ? (SB2 has no dedicated Play/Pause Touch, but the performance pads...)

Posted Fri 23 Mar 18 @ 10:08 am
its in options enable earlyAccessUpdates

a quick search will find it in options

Posted Fri 23 Mar 18 @ 10:18 am
No need for two of these threads. Let's use this one.

Locked as duplicate, use link above to continue this conversation. AMAHM

Posted Fri 23 Mar 18 @ 6:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)