Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Automix and POI points explanation please
I'm really struggling to figure out how Automix actually works, and it's relationship with POI points. Is there an in-depth guide to how it is supposed to work anywhere?

I have spent some considerable time trying to get tracks to mix together (mostly "chop" type mixes) but whatever I set as automix POI they are still out when actually running automix. Fade out cut in seems the most appropriate for my needs but doesn't work properly all of the time .... and I have reported this previously. It seems that when automix time is set at 0 seconds it's not going to the actual point set but moving back which defeats the 0s setting. see below. If I set it at 1s then the end point moves further towards the end which isn't logical. 0s should use a preset exit point at the very end of the song. I have also noticed when using the 0s setting it's sometimes chopping off the start of the next song so it probably needs sorted.

I'm guessing setting "nix full start" and "mix full exit" points should work correctly in this scenario?

Basically what I'm trying to do is create a batch of dance edits that can run in Automix and when one song stops dead on the last beat the next one starts on the first beat. Shouldn't be that difficult ..... right?

Any help appreciated.

Posted Wed 21 Feb 18 @ 5:21 pm
Done a bit more investigation, and the issue definitely seems to be with the 0s setting in Fade out cut in

It's not respecting the "mix full start" and "mix full exit" points.

Can this be investigated and fixed please?

Posted Wed 21 Feb 18 @ 6:29 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Been awhile since I bothered do anything with automix (probably automix prepare pad page), I still use it to just play music round the house.
The thing about automix points they are always 'start here' so start mixing in here, start mixing out here and then it's the time setting that determines when the mixing stops.

I'd propose more types of points stuff like cut in 50 % here, cut back here, cut in 100% here, be mixed out (for the various mix types) by here, and also propose mix duration in beats

Sorry I can't give much help other than my rambling but I would recommend both my automix pad pages (live and prepare) they may help you get the nuances.

Posted Wed 21 Feb 18 @ 7:00 pm
Any news on this from Dev Team?

Would love to have this working correctly.

Posted Fri 23 Feb 18 @ 9:13 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Both fade (remove silence) and fade out, cut in use the 'full' automix points, which are automatically set at the start and end of where silence is detected.

For fade out, cut in, it is still possible that the fade out point is shifted a little bit to match the beat grid of the other song.
For fade (remove silence), it is still possible that the fade in point is shifted to align the beat grids.

So that could explain why your set points are not exactly taken.

Posted Fri 23 Feb 18 @ 3:41 pm
OK, so is it possible to add an automix (manual) mode so it takes the in and out points as they are set (which is what I thought the zero second setting was for)?

Thanks Adion

Posted Fri 23 Feb 18 @ 5:26 pm
Bump!

Posted Mon 12 Mar 18 @ 9:57 pm
locodog wrote :
Been awhile since I bothered do anything with automix (probably automix prepare pad page), I still use it to just play music round the house.
The thing about automix points they are always 'start here' so start mixing in here, start mixing out here and then it's the time setting that determines when the mixing stops.

I'd propose more types of points stuff like cut in 50 % here, cut back here, cut in 100% here, be mixed out (for the various mix types) by here, and also propose mix duration in beats

This should be definitely considered.

Posted Sat 25 Jun 22 @ 10:15 pm