Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Deck Unload Time

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djdonnPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'm using Fruit skin. When I right click on the Pause/Stop button, the deck unloads, but it takes 2 seconds. Is there a setting where I can change/shorten that time?

Posted Wed 07 Feb 18 @ 7:34 pm
I think it takes that long so that its not recorded as an accidental press of the mouse.

Posted Wed 07 Feb 18 @ 8:55 pm
It's a right click. It would have to be pretty deliberate. VDJ8 default skin unloads in half the time. (1 sec vs 2 with Fruit)

Posted Thu 08 Feb 18 @ 2:41 pm
look in the XML file.. edit and search UNLOAD

I quickly look it up and this is what I saw (several palces, I assumes is for each deck needed to be changed) or ask FRUIT.
I assuming the 1500ms is the timer.

ton x="+88" class="deckbuttonflat" action="stop_button" rightclick="holding 1500ms ? unload : goto_first_beat" tooltip="PAUSE/STOP\nRightclick to go to 1st beat\nHold right to unload the song"><icon sysicon="stop_button" width="32" height="32" /></button>
<button x="+88" class="deckbutton" action="stop_button" rightclick="holding 1500ms ? unload : goto_first_beat" tooltip="PAUSE/STOP\nRightclick to go to 1st beat\nHold right to unload the song"><icon sysicon="stop_button" width="32" height="32" /></button>

Posted Thu 08 Feb 18 @ 2:58 pm
OK. is that in the skin's ZIP file in the Skins folder?

Posted Thu 08 Feb 18 @ 3:16 pm
OK I got it. I edited it to 500ms and it works perfect. Thank you.

Posted Thu 08 Feb 18 @ 3:30 pm
Just out of my own curiosity, why do you need the deck to unload so fast? Is there a time issue you have?
Personally I like it to take a moment to unload, as its easy to miss-click and then have to set up a track all over again....
I just dont understand the urgency over 1 second......

Posted Thu 08 Feb 18 @ 8:37 pm
MickyMix250 wrote :
Just out of my own curiosity, why do you need the deck to unload so fast? Is there a time issue you have?
Personally I like it to take a moment to unload, as its easy to miss-click and then have to set up a track all over again....
I just dont understand the urgency over 1 second......

It's just a thing. When I want it to unload, I want it to unload quickly. The default skin unloads quicker than the Fruit skin. I was used to that before I switched to Fruit. So, I edited the Fruit skin and changed the unload time to 1/2 second.

Posted Thu 08 Feb 18 @ 8:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)