Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DDJ-SR / SR2 - which one should I get for use with music videos

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Morning everyone!!

I still use version 7 (yes I know it's old but I like it!!) and I was wondering - do any of you use the DDJ-SR or SR2 with version 7 especially with music videos?

I am looking to purchase either one of these dependant on price and if it will work with version 7.

Many thanks

Posted Sun 28 Jan 18 @ 8:17 am
Phillip_Hill wrote :
Morning everyone!!

I still use version 7 (yes I know it's old but I like it!!) and I was wondering - do any of you use the DDJ-SR or SR2 with version 7 especially with music videos?

I am looking to purchase either one of these dependant on price and if it will work with version 7.

Many thanks

I've used the old SR with v7. Only a few things won't work. The newer SR2 won't work with v7 at all, because it's much newer than the end date of v7 development

Posted Sun 28 Jan 18 @ 9:23 am
Many thanks for this - just out of curiosity - what didn't work with the SR and version 7?

I suppose I should really get the SR2 and start using version 8!! I'm just so comfortable with v7!!

Many thanks

Posted Sun 28 Jan 18 @ 9:39 am
It was parts of the pads section. You need to set the SR controller to "other controllers" mode to work with v7, which disables parts of this section. In v8 it just works

Posted Sun 28 Jan 18 @ 9:47 am
Thanks for your help on this - I notice that the SR2 has a 12v socket on the back but makes no mention of it coming with a power supply (as I presume it is USB powered)??

If this is the case whats the need for the socket and when would I need to use it?

Thank you

Posted Sun 28 Jan 18 @ 10:50 am
Maybe you should go to the Pioneer web site and read the manual?

Posted Sun 28 Jan 18 @ 1:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)