Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: "Custom" PadPage always opens "pad_edit" by pushing "padshift"

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is that normal that every time I hit the "padshift" button on the "custom"-padpage the Pad Editor opens up automatically?

I changed the mapping of the button to test if it is something like a hardware-related bug, but it only happens with "padshift" mapped on no matter which key on the keyboard or button on a controller.

Is that supposed to be like that or could that really be a bug instead?
If this is on purpose, why is that like that?

Posted Tue 23 Jan 18 @ 5:12 am
I normally create new named pad pages when I script new functionality, so I may not be the best to answer, but:
Could it be simply because it isn't mapped to anything?
Like if you click a regular pad without any script on it, it will open the editor, so that you can add script

Posted Tue 23 Jan 18 @ 9:25 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I'm not sure why you would assign padshift to a custom pad button in the first place.
The only thing padshift does is execute the shift action of the pad, so you'd need to define a shift action for that pad as well then. (But then you could just use that action directly on the pad since it's your custom pad page anyway)

Posted Tue 23 Jan 18 @ 11:50 am
klausmogensen wrote :
I normally create new named pad pages when I script new functionality, so I may not be the best to answer, but:
Could it be simply because it isn't mapped to anything?
Like if you click a regular pad without any script on it, it will open the editor, so that you can add script

I took the "custom-pad-page" because it was already mapped to the Pioneer DJM-S9 and I wanted to try something on the quick way.
And then I discovered this "bug"... I also thought that it is something like "you first have to map something"-function.
But this should happen on other pages too if it is on purpose.

Posted Tue 23 Jan 18 @ 8:56 pm
Adion wrote :
I'm not sure why you would assign padshift to a custom pad button in the first place.
The only thing padshift does is execute the shift action of the pad, so you'd need to define a shift action for that pad as well then. (But then you could just use that action directly on the pad since it's your custom pad page anyway)

I saw that coming :D
So no I did NOT map it to any PAD-Button.
I mapped padshift to a controllers button and on my keyboards key and in both times it opened the Pad Editor.
Therefore I somehow was confused because I did not know if this is on purpose or a bug.

As soon as I mapped something on PAD 3 of the "custom page" this (I think bug) was gone.

Posted Tue 23 Jan 18 @ 9:01 pm
It is not a bug, if you shift-click an empty pad button it will open the pad page editor.

Posted Tue 23 Jan 18 @ 9:06 pm
Adion wrote :
It is not a bug, if you shift-click an empty pad button it will open the pad page editor.

I think we are talking past each other somehow :D

I did ONLY press the button which had the padshift mapped on it...
I did NOT press any empty pad-button (or any other button) at the same time...
And as I mapped something on Pad 3, this was gone...
So I could press padshift from there on and I did not open the editor anymore... but only after I mapped pad 3.

Posted Thu 25 Jan 18 @ 3:45 am
The padshift action is like clicking a pad button, that's the function. It is supposed to be mapped on a controller buttons midi message sent when shift+pad x is pressed.
You are supposed to use it like the pad action (padshift 1, padshift 2, padshift 3, etc...)

Maybe you intended to map a shift button instead? In that case the action is simply 'shift'

Posted Thu 25 Jan 18 @ 8:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)