Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Limiter problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey there,
i've been using VDJ with my Numark NV, and everything has gone relatively good. However, when i play tracks my master level goes in little clip, especially when the drop starts, the built-in limiter starts giving some crackle noises. I don't know why, i edited my settings and set my DBs to 0 but it's still the same. I never had these issues before.
How can i resolve?
Thanks

Posted Mon 22 Jan 18 @ 8:00 pm
set zerodb -6

if it still crackles adjust latency

Posted Mon 22 Jan 18 @ 8:14 pm
Will try this. Thanks

Posted Tue 23 Jan 18 @ 1:46 am
I thought i fixed the problem setting the zerodb to -6, but i had some other issues only in certain songs so I set to -9. At the moment, the clip (crackle noises too) is given by 2-3 songs that are (i think) still a bit loud. I'm thinking, how can I totally fix the problem?
Thanks.

Posted Tue 23 Jan 18 @ 9:11 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Which song?

Posted Tue 23 Jan 18 @ 9:20 pm
One of these is 'Mark Jenkyns - Sirens'

I have to say that now, having my DBs to -9 my overall master is too low but i still have clip:/

Posted Tue 23 Jan 18 @ 9:28 pm
geemixPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Did you buy this track or is it a converted mp3 from youtube or similar?

Have you played this in Winamp or Media player to see if it crackles on those players too?

Also, maybe try something like Platinum Notes or MP3Gain to adjust all your tracks to the same levels.

Did you also try adjusting your latency like Wickedmix suggested?

Keep us updated on how you get on.

As a side note, are you using your consoles on board sound card or your computers?

Maybe a screen grab of your VDJ audio settings might help :)

Posted Tue 23 Jan 18 @ 9:38 pm
The track is bought, in all the players (media player, and others) it sounds perfectly, is a VDJ problem i think;
For the latency, how should i fix it? What i have to type in the texbox?
By the way i'm using my Numark NV's sound card, here's a complete screen of my audio/performance settings: https://i.imgur.com/sc8ydDG.png

Posted Tue 23 Jan 18 @ 9:55 pm
Its something you may have to experiment with to find the ideal setting. I would start with a baseline test of settings as so; In Options>Performance>Latencty set this to 256 and try it as a reference point. If it still crackles, try increasing the number to 512 and try it again.

Posted Tue 23 Jan 18 @ 10:15 pm
I'll try this, thanks!
By the way I noticed that with headphones inserted in the console it doesn't crackle even if in clip, how it's possible? It appears to crackle only in the master line output

Tried to modify latency to 256,512,1024,2048 until 4096, but nothing to do:/

Posted Tue 23 Jan 18 @ 10:27 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Since it looks like you have exclusiveAudioAccess enabled, try to set it to no.

Posted Tue 23 Jan 18 @ 10:29 pm
Okay! It seems ExlusiveAudioAccess was the problem! Too strange I didn't pay attention to it. Thank you Adion, and thank you all for helping me.

Posted Tue 23 Jan 18 @ 10:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)