Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ keeps shuting itself down.
I'm running the latest version of VDJ on a windows 10 machine and it ramdomly keeps shuting itself down. On one occassion it did it three times within an hour. Had to use a backup PC. I don't know if it's the PC or VDJ. Anybody got any ideas. Thanks.

Posted Mon 22 Jan 18 @ 5:14 pm
What did you use on the backup machine? When you say shutdown, did it go to Windows, did it start back up by itself? Were you connected to the internet? Did you do any updates recently, are you using a controller?

Posted Mon 22 Jan 18 @ 5:20 pm
My backup PC was is Windows 8 with the latest VDJ. I use a Denon controller with it. The program just shuts down, so I have to open it again. I have had my laptop 12 months and only VDJ and AVG is installed. This problem first started in Sept 2017. Is it possible that a windows update is causing this?

Posted Mon 22 Jan 18 @ 5:37 pm
Does the computer shut down or VDJ crashes but the computer is still on?

Posted Mon 22 Jan 18 @ 7:07 pm
Does VDJ work OK with the Denon controller (which one?) on the backup Windows 8 PC?

If it only shuts down on the Windows 10 PC then maybe there's a driver conflict. Does the controller have a Windows 10 compatible driver?

Posted Mon 22 Jan 18 @ 9:24 pm
It's just the program that shuts down not the computer. It only started 9 months after first using the lap top. Everyting worked prfectly on the back up. I use a Denon MC3000 and had no issues when first used with the windows 10 laptop.

Posted Fri 26 Jan 18 @ 3:29 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
When this happens, does VDJ auto-starts by its own ?
Or do you get a Windows freeze/crash where VDJ doesnt respond and you have to force quit and restart ?

Posted Fri 26 Jan 18 @ 8:46 pm
Check that you have the latest build of VJD

Update your firmware and bios on your laptop and Windows too.

Check for new drivers for your controller as well.

Posted Tue 06 Feb 18 @ 6:08 pm
Virtual DJ 2021 Keeps Shutting Down. I was streaming, and using OBS... I'm on a Macbook Pro Late 2011. It would just quit unexpectedly, and I had to re-start many times during my stream. It would lose all the songs in the Side List and autoplay. When I restarted only the 2 songs I had in the players would remain, and it would start from the point in the song that was playing when it shuts down!

Posted Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 4:00 pm
There is one thing that you need to understand about programs on computers they all randomly freeze, shut down, hang or restart the operating system. Of course its imperative that we keep our drivers, firmware and operating systems up to date. Though if the software was working just after playing a particular track could it be that the track file has become corrupt? as its been played to death day in day out. Could there be a glitch on the hard drive you store the songs on. Has the external hard drive been knocked about, is the USB port abused that much that you need to wrap a cable 5 times round the laptop screen just to keep it from detaching from the same USB port you have used for the past 3 or 4 years?

Simply saying that it has been working then stopped.. trace back what you recently did and see if that could be the issue. Alternatively and firstly check the application log files. You can get a lot of information from log files which will tell you why VDJ is closing down unexpectedly.

Whether you are using Windows 7, 8, 10 or 11, Mac OS, even Linux... you can just google how to view the software logs.

Very rarely it would the DJ controller unless its USB midi cable is crusty in which case it needs replacing. Does VDJ crash if you don't have the controller plugged in?

I have a had a few crashes over the years and 9 times out of 10 it has always been a corrupt song/video file.

Posted Sat 11 Dec 21 @ 11:34 pm