Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Playlists & Sub-Playlists

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ZiglarPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi all, wanted to find out if there is a way of creating sub-playlists in virtual DJ or a way in which folders can be grouped for easy and tidy organization.
I seem to have quite a number of playlists that would be better organized if they could be grouped under a single category. e.g. Crates & sub-crates in serato

Posted Fri 05 Jan 18 @ 7:28 pm
It's already possible to do. You can have sub folders.

If you go to documents> virtualdj> playlists you can create sub folders there as per the screen shots.

Posted Fri 05 Jan 18 @ 7:50 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
It's already possible to do. You can have sub folders.

If you go to documents> virtualdj> playlists you can create sub folders there as per the screen shots.

Great suggestion @ kradcliffe. Thanx.
Another problem i am facing is that if u create such sub-folders with your style,it doesnt display contents of all sub-folders when u click on the "Mother " folder. Which Would be a good option in case u want to increase your song selection options on the fly.

Posted Fri 05 Jan 18 @ 8:03 pm
If you restart VDJ they will be there.

Posted Fri 05 Jan 18 @ 8:25 pm
For some strange reason its not working for me...don't know what happened.Despite Restarting vdj several times. Currently using the latest beta version of VDJ 8.

Posted Fri 05 Jan 18 @ 11:13 pm
Found something new today...When i right click a Parent Folder and select recurse,the contents of the sub folders become available in the parent folders. when i move to a different parent folder and come back to the folder i selected initially,its sub folder contents are no longer available in the parent folder.
What could be going wrong?
How do i get the sub folder contents to show when the parent folder is selected?
Do i need to enable Recurse permanently? how do that?

Posted Mon 08 Jan 18 @ 4:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)