Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Setting

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi trying to come into this century,can I connect my lap top
To my Numark Cm100 mixer which doesn’t have turntables,I have managed to get playing but through 1 channel trying to get it so can listen to deck 2 on laptop through headphones for cueing up,anybody help?
I did buy a behringer uca222 but still can’t work it out.

Posted Thu 04 Jan 18 @ 1:46 pm
Lights Alive wrote :
Hi trying to come into this century,can I connect my lap top
To my Numark Cm100 mixer which doesn’t have turntables,I have managed to get playing but through 1 channel trying to get it so can listen to deck 2 on laptop through headphones for cueing up,anybody help?
I did buy a behringer uca222 but still can’t work it out.

You will need a multi channel external sound card attached to your laptop. 5.1 or 7.1 sound cards are inexpensive and give you plenty of outputs to use.

You'd then need to set the channels for each deck - I use chan 1+2 for left deck and chan 3+4 for the right.

I personally use one of these, and it does the job just fine.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CSL-8-channel-simultaneous-recording-equipment/dp/B01HM5KP5A/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1515083268&sr=8-5&keywords=usb+sound+card

Posted Thu 04 Jan 18 @ 4:29 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Thu 04 Jan 18 @ 5:53 pm
I wouldn't recommend using a cheap consumer surround sound audio interface. They're not designed for DJing.

There are plenty of proper external audio interfaces for DJ use, that will much have lower latency than a £20 plastic box from China.

You might want to consider buying a USB DJ controller instead. Many of these have suitable audio interfaces built in, as well as mixer, jog wheels etc.

Posted Thu 04 Jan 18 @ 10:16 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
groovindj wrote :
There are plenty of proper external audio interfaces for DJ use, that will much have lower latency than a £20 plastic box from China.

256 samples is no problem for the ones I have around here.

Posted Thu 04 Jan 18 @ 10:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)