Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Roland Boutique series

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok so I’m gonna get a Roland DJ-808 or the 505 and I would like to get one of these synth units from Roland as well.

Now I play a lot of EDM style trap music in my free time and at EDM parties.

So my question is which unit would be the best for me to use to get those crazy Trap synths??

Any and all opinions welcomed, lmao!!

Posted Tue 26 Dec 17 @ 8:17 pm
There doesn't seem to be much online that says "use this" or "use that" synth for trap - let alone specifically Roland.

It might be worth mentioning though that Roland now have a subscription service called Roland Cloud which allows you to use a huge pile of their synths (as VST plugins), so you could try them all out and see which one fits your needs before buying the hardware version.

Posted Tue 26 Dec 17 @ 9:08 pm
Hahaa!! Yeah I knew the question was pretty vague but you know me, lmao!!

I did see that so yeah I might try it out. Rather have another piece of hardware though instead of adding more software.

Thanks though definitely gonna check them out.

Posted Tue 26 Dec 17 @ 11:05 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

You could just use sample packs to get all the Trap synths and FX you need, and any hardware/software combination with decent sampler capabilities would suffice.

I wasn't a fan of the Roland controllers when I tested, especially the flagship model; the headphone controls on the front of the device is not something I'm prepared to live with, as I'm quite intense on headphone monitoring.

Posted Thu 28 Dec 17 @ 11:37 am

Posted Thu 28 Dec 17 @ 12:48 pm
Yeah, Massive was mentioned a couple of times when I Googled - but it's not a Roland synth or hardware.

Posted Thu 28 Dec 17 @ 12:51 pm
Doesn’t have to be Roland, lol!

But I would rather it be hardware as I’ll have a lot going on with my laptop anyways between video and sound.

I’ll grab whatever because I can always return it if I don’t like it.

Keep me coming though, I’m checking it all out.

Posted Thu 28 Dec 17 @ 1:37 pm

Posted Thu 28 Dec 17 @ 3:56 pm
I got both the Kaosillator Pro + and its buddy the KP3+ for effects.
I have not really yet had them out on a gig but for sure they offer a lot of fun stuff.

Posted Thu 28 Dec 17 @ 10:23 pm

Posted Thu 28 Dec 17 @ 11:16 pm
Hmm just watched a few KORG videos and that Kaossilater Pro seems like it would be something I could really use.....

Keep me coming fellas and Thanks.

Posted Fri 29 Dec 17 @ 2:07 am
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I stayed with the Aira line for the easy plug and play option... and the looks of uniformity of course.

If you have a DAW that supports plugins, the SYSTEM-1 Plugin (sold separately) will give you the option to program and carry all the sounds you need NOT just for Trap but for most GENRES and use them live on your performance.

Posted Fri 29 Dec 17 @ 8:43 pm
Ok so I got this

And it reads the midi clock from my DJM-850 which is great. It’s a decent size and super easy to use.

The sounds are nice but I wish I more control over them.

Other then that it’s a pretty cool unit and I’ll use it for a couple weeks before I decide if I’m gonna keep it or not.

Posted Fri 05 Jan 18 @ 2:50 am
One option is to get a small hardware synth and feed the MIDI output of the Korg pad into it, so you can mess with things using your finger in the same fashion. Or feed a synth into the Korg's line in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bT19nQuVKU

Lots of vids on YouTube of the KP with various synths.

Posted Fri 05 Jan 18 @ 6:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)