Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: search trouble - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just remembered something: I modified the skin recently to have a normal interface (with which the program starts up) and a browser interface (for full screen browsing). Could this have something to do with it?

<group name="INTERFACE">
<panel name="MAIN" visible="var '$INTERFACE' 0">
(everything goes here)
</panel>
<panel name="BROWSER" visible="var '$INTERFACE' 1">
(browser goes here)
</panel>
</group>

I mean, because it's apparently a browser related problem and not a database problem... I seem to remember something about a browser presence being required on each panel, though that pertained to VDJ7. Still, maybe something is up here with the browser thing...

Posted Fri 15 Dec 17 @ 3:56 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Should be easy to try if you have the problem with the default skin then.
If it doesn't occur with the default skin, could you share the modified skin so we can try if it does the same with that skin on other computers?

Posted Fri 15 Dec 17 @ 4:31 pm
Now why didn't I think of doing that :)

But... no. The problem doesn't seem to be skin related. The default skin has the same behaviour: search results only come from already opened folders in the browser...
:(

I just tried to work around the problem by inserting browser_gotofolder in oninit and having the browser open all folders at startup and it seems to have solved the problem. Search works fine now!

I'm not a great fan of workarounds, though, and it still bothers me not knowing what the culprit here is...
But at least I can work a bit more comfortably again :)

P.S.: If you feel like looking into my skin, no problem (though as I said, it doesn't seem to be a skin-related problem). Just tell me where to mail it.

Posted Fri 15 Dec 17 @ 4:33 pm
When you browse to other folders, do you see 'Loading Tags...' appearing?

Posted Fri 15 Dec 17 @ 5:10 pm
Not that I'm aware of... Where exactly should this "Loading Tags" appear?

Posted Fri 15 Dec 17 @ 5:48 pm
It does say "Tags to read" (with a countdown of the number of files) on the top bar of the browser in the default skin...

Posted Sat 16 Dec 17 @ 11:41 am
That would indicate that it did not read the database correctly at all.

Would it be possible to send me the database file?

Posted Sat 16 Dec 17 @ 12:04 pm
Sure, where do I mail it to?

Posted Sat 16 Dec 17 @ 12:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)