Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Upgrading and I don't know which set to get

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello I am used to DJ controllers, but I think I arrived to the part in every dj's life when they decide it's finally time to upgrade. Honnestly the two sets that caught my mind the most and in between which I am madly hesitating are the set of the CDJ 2000 NXS2 or the set of Denon SC5000.

I'm hesitating on many points, I want the set to work with Virtual DJ cause first it's the best, plus I always use it for broadcasting online radios and it allows you to change mics and add virtual audio cable as your audio settings.

But I'm not going to use the set only for online broadcasting but also to work with it. and in the industry standard most clubs have cdjs 2000 for rekordbox, I know you can load your hot cues from rekordbox to the denon with the usb trick but can you do the opposite ?

It's the first time I'm switching to an actual set since I am used to four channels controllers, and what was attracting with the SC5000 is that it has much more hot cues dual deck etc As for the pioneer set it s not dual deck so I was thinking of taking as a mixer the DJM S9.

I'm really lost what would you do if you were in my place ? it has to run with the least errors on a Mac VDJ cause VDJ is very important (for the online broadcasting) plus I love the software ever since I first started DJing it's been with me. The second point is mainly the appearance of settings like hot cues on tracks if i use USB and stand alone.

So which one you advise me ? I have around a month to decide.

Posted Wed 13 Dec 17 @ 6:23 am
Denon SC5000 prime support in VirtualDj is not going to come any time soon. Therefore if you want to use your set as a controller for VirtualDj as well, your only option between the two is Pioneer at this moment.

Posted Wed 13 Dec 17 @ 10:55 am
okay thank you very much and do the cdj2000 nxs2 screens work with VDJ? and does the effet in the mixer all of them work ?

Posted Wed 13 Dec 17 @ 5:02 pm
Hello i like the controllers but even thouhj it's cheating my favorite thing is vinyl record players turntables

Posted Thu 14 Dec 17 @ 1:15 am
Do you think a software of audio cable exists on Mac that picks up the sound made from a software and allows you to add your microphone to use it as one audio cable ? and do you think if such a software existed it would allow you to broadcast entering your onlien radio ip etc ? Cause so far the main thing making me not get the Denon SC5000 is mainly that it does work with VDJ and my online playing is where I get to study and freestyle on the tracks so I can prepare them nicely in live gigs.

Posted Thu 14 Dec 17 @ 2:49 am
LebaneseDJ007 wrote :
okay thank you very much and do the cdj2000 nxs2 screens work with VDJ? and does the effet in the mixer all of them work ?

Yes, the screens work 100% (with all waves e.t.c.)
The effects work on hardware level. This means that yes they work, but from the mixer, not the software.

LebaneseDJ007 wrote :
Do you think a software of audio cable exists on Mac that picks up the sound made from a software and allows you to add your microphone to use it as one audio cable ? and do you think if such a software existed it would allow you to broadcast entering your onlien radio ip etc ? Cause so far the main thing making me not get the Denon SC5000 is mainly that it does work with VDJ and my online playing is where I get to study and freestyle on the tracks so I can prepare them nicely in live gigs.

No. I don't know such a software and it's kind of difficult to achieve without the software being used uses somekind of a common communications protocol (like ReWire or something similar)

Posted Thu 14 Dec 17 @ 7:03 am
Hello I am used to controllers , I didn't understand what you meant from from the mixer and not from the software. and thank you for your help mate ^^

Posted Thu 14 Dec 17 @ 8:31 am
LebaneseDJ007 wrote :
Hello I am used to controllers , I didn't understand what you meant from from the mixer and not from the software. and thank you for your help mate ^^

In that kind of setup VDJ runs in external mixer mode. So it's doesn't do the actual mixing between decks. That's done by the physical HW mixer

Posted Thu 14 Dec 17 @ 9:02 am
but if the x1800 is here the problem is fixed right ?

Posted Thu 14 Dec 17 @ 9:03 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
It's the same. The Denon x1800 is a hardware mixer too.
Why should that be a problem for you?

Posted Thu 14 Dec 17 @ 9:15 am
i didn't understand :S like i mean the whole external mixer thing ... i got confused if the x1800 works than what changes how vdj runs if i can use the x1800 as my mixer to switch decks ?

Posted Thu 14 Dec 17 @ 9:29 am
On second hands after a lto of bad reviews concerning some matter i might go to a windows custom laptop with good specs and good cooler and very light.

Posted Thu 14 Dec 17 @ 7:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)