Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Force browser to always sort by track or filename

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

UPDATE: I scanned my music library and now it seems to be working.

------------------------

Hi,

I have been searching on these forums for about an hour and cannot figure out how I can make the file Browser always sort tracks by track number, or by filename.

There was some nonsense about hacking the registry, but those keys don't seem to exist anymore in VDJ 8.2.

Really, this is such a basic thing. I just want the browser to always sort the files in the order the artist intended, the order on the actual album. I know VDJ is not an album-oriented software, but regardless, this is a simple thing that should be brain dead obvious and simple.

I did enable keepSortOrder, so at least in each individual folder I can sort by Track and it will be sticky. But I want all folders to follow that same convention.

I do see the browserSort field, but there is zero information in the documentation to tell me how to use this. I tried entering the value "file=trck" based on the syntax I saw in the browserColumn field, but it did not work, even after a restart of the application.

Please help, I just want the files to always be displayed in order by Track or Filename.

Thanks.

Posted Wed 22 Nov 17 @ 8:35 pm
click what ever header you want to sort by its really not that complicated if it gets changed click it again.

Posted Wed 22 Nov 17 @ 8:39 pm
UPDATE: I scanned my music library and now it seems to be working.

Sorry for the trouble. I just had the expectation that since the filename and metadata were displayed in the Browser, then that information was known. But I guess the database needs to know about it first before the thing will work.

It might be good to add a failover condition when the tracks displayed aren't in the database. Sort them on the fly according to the Options chosen by the user.

This software is great, I'm very happy with it. It just takes time to figure out the tweaky settings.

Thanks

Posted Wed 22 Nov 17 @ 8:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)