Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: beat markers disappearing as song plays.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

LumKittyControlleristMember since 2017
VDJ 8.2.3967 on Windows 10 x64 build 16299

Difficult one to describe this, but I've got one song where the longer it plays the more of the beatgrid disappears. by 16 bars into the song the entire thing has disappeared.
Difficult bug to describe, so here's a 24MB video instead: http://lum.uk/temp/VirtualDJ 22_11_2017 02_14_51.mp4

It only seems to happen on this song, but I've had this song for ages, played it in VDJ7 in the past, never seen this issue until today.

Posted Wed 22 Nov 17 @ 2:19 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Does it also happen in the default skin?

Posted Wed 22 Nov 17 @ 5:34 am
That happened to me, but I forgot which song, and don't remember if it was the default skin. This was awhile ago, and I just forgot about it.

Posted Wed 22 Nov 17 @ 6:10 am
LumKittyControlleristMember since 2017
Yes, it happens with the default skin as well.

Posted Wed 22 Nov 17 @ 10:52 pm
timontyHome userMember since 2018
Hi all,

Has anyone found a way to fix the issue of the disappearing beat grid?

thanks

Posted Sat 28 Jul 18 @ 6:03 pm
You only need to post your message once. No need to spam the forum.

Posted Sat 28 Jul 18 @ 6:13 pm
timontyHome userMember since 2018
@groovindj My bad, first time using the forum wasn't sure if it had been posted? Would you know of anyway I could get this sorted. Whilst it's a handful of song, it would be handy to know what the cause and how to prevent it re-occurring. Thanks

Posted Mon 30 Jul 18 @ 12:34 pm
Ive seen this once, myself, recenly (last few weeks). The only thing I noticed was that the file was wav format and right around 7min in length, when it got to around the middle of the track, the beatgrid started to dissapear as it got closer to the middle of the waveform display.

I tried to recreate the issue, but it went away, so i didnt think much about it since then.

Posted Mon 30 Jul 18 @ 2:32 pm
I think it might be useful if those who've encountered this issue were to post info on:

VDJ build used
Computer and OS details
Graphics card
Screen resolution
Skin used

Posted Mon 30 Jul 18 @ 4:46 pm
I had posted the same problem way back Oct. 8, 2016 when 8.2 just came out.

"In the latest release 3420, I have noticed that the beat grid markers on the waveforms of some of the songs start to disappear, as if being eaten by Pacman, while playing. I have tried re-analyzing the songs and using the default skin to no avail. I dialed back to 3409 and confirmed that the problem doesn't exist for the same songs. Staying with 3409 for now."

I know we are on 8.3 but looking at the difference between the versions above (after 3409) where I could willfully make the problem come and go might pinpoint the cause.

Posted Tue 31 Jul 18 @ 2:11 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Is it only happening on the rhythm wave, or also on the scratch wave?

Also, could you check the sample rate of the files this happens with (you can see in tag editor)

Posted Tue 31 Jul 18 @ 2:33 pm
Any fix for this problem yet ?

Posted Mon 24 Dec 18 @ 1:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)