Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Still having Script Errors from ADs on right hand side. Anyone?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SipDudeHome userMember since 2017
I've updated to the latest build. It seems there have been a few updates in the last month or so and I keep hoping it will get resolved.

The only thing I run on this PC is VDJ 8.2 and I can get through maybe a song or two before I get the error. Frustrating to say the least.

Anyone???

Thanks in advance! :-)

Posted Tue 21 Nov 17 @ 11:06 pm
Just checking in to see no one has commented or given any advice here. I'm up to date on the latest version V 8.2 b3994. I'm running on a PC dedicated to just the Virtual DJ software. This is a machine freshly built with Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit 8GB RAM i5 processor. All Updates etc.

The script errors are just driving me crazy. I've scanned for spyware/malware etc. but like I said this machine is dedicated to this software. I don't surf on it or run any other programs. It "irks" me to no end to see the message: (Buy any license to remove the ads) I use this at home in my Man Cave / Game Room. I don't use it commercially or with a controller so there is no need to buy a license in my case.

I was a DJ back in the early to mid 80's and spun vinyl. I have done my time (5+ years) on the tables and am a tad jealous of how today's DJ's just need to lug a laptop around with software or maybe just their music collection on their thumb drive(s) and plug in to the halls sound system. You guys will never have the back breaking 1AM tear downs and fill a U-Haul with a 500lb. coffin, crates of 12" mixes, not to mention the thousands of 45's, cassette singles, albums, etc...

OK, so we didn't have to learn all the nuances of this neat software or deal with the "ads" either. We cued by hand, beat matched by ear, and hopefully was able to fulfill 99% of the requests that day/gig.

I was recently at a wedding where the guy was literally filling requests by using the reception hall's Wi-Fi to download songs using a torrent client!

I remember sending my assistant across town to pick up a song at a record store during a wedding just to make someone's request. (Remember record stores?)

Anyways.. Back to my issue. It remains. Script errors due to the ads.

Anyone???

Posted Sat 02 Dec 17 @ 8:51 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Could you take a screenshot of the error and the ad that causes the error?

Posted Sun 03 Dec 17 @ 6:16 am
SipDude wrote :
The script errors are just driving me crazy. I've scanned for spyware/malware etc. but like I said this machine is dedicated to this software. I don't surf on it or run any other programs. It "irks" me to no end to see the message: (Buy any license to remove the ads) I use this at home in my Man Cave / Game Room. I don't use it commercially or with a controller so there is no need to buy a license in my case.

But you then do agree that it's ok to show ads, right?
Because where else would the money from the (probably) millions of home users then come from?
As they say: If you don't pay for the product, you are part of the product - in this case by having to look at ads

I of course agree with you, that ads shouldn't make it impossible to use the software
But I think the only thing that can be done about it is do a screenshot every time you get a bad ad, and then report it here, so that specific ad can be blocked

Posted Sun 03 Dec 17 @ 2:28 pm
I completely agree that it is OK to show ads, although in older versions this was not part of the software. The limitations back then were really that you couldn't use a controller. But making it impossible to use this software is just maddening.

Most recent error is in Adidas Ad.

Screenshot https://imgur.com/a/bGKsq

Makes software unusable.

Doesn't the engineers tests these ads? Or is this just a marketing decision to incorporate whoever ponies up the money to advertise with them???

TIA

Posted Sun 03 Dec 17 @ 9:44 pm
Another Script Error,

Link to screen shot:

https://imgur.com/a/tQh4E

This time an Ad for Vancouver.

Had VDJ running a total of 3 minutes and barely made it through song #1. :-(

Posted Mon 04 Dec 17 @ 6:50 pm
Thank you for the information and feedback.
We are working with the Ads provider to resolve this issue.

Posted Tue 05 Dec 17 @ 8:12 am
Getting the same problem every 3/4 adds?? Makes this software unusable unfortunately, i would suggest disabling the adds feature until you get this resolved. Off to find alternative software now, hopefully you get it fixed soon :-(

Posted Sat 16 Dec 17 @ 3:20 pm
complyHome userMember since 2017
i have similar problems, lags then after afew minutes freezes and becomes unresponsive, even had sounds from one advert an marks and spencer advert with what sounds like a few beats from an Ed sheeran song lol, what a joke.

most recent freeze
http://prntscr.com/hoc0bm

Posted Sat 16 Dec 17 @ 4:26 pm
complyHome userMember since 2017

Posted Sat 16 Dec 17 @ 4:53 pm
SipDude wrote :
Doesn't the engineers tests these ads? Or is this just a marketing decision to incorporate whoever ponies up the money to advertise with them???

My guess would be no. on most websites you sign up for a package deal, and let them handle setting up the actual adds and simply include them in your page. This could very well be the same kind of setup

Posted Sun 17 Dec 17 @ 1:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)