Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer XDJ-RX Compatibility - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

As this device is now supported, I'm considering it as an option due to the built in media player.

I have two questions regarding the way the controller works with VDJ,

1. Is the mixer/FX in hardware mode or midi mode when used to control VDJ?
2. Is it possible to switch between sources (USB to VDJ) seamlessly? For example, mixing from laptop (deck A) to USB (deck B).

Thanks

Posted Tue 21 Nov 17 @ 9:26 am
1) You can use both Software and Hardware Mixer modes. However the predefined mapper assumes you're using it as a Software/MIDI mixer.

2) Yes. However keep in mind that due to the fact that the unit has only one screen, mixing between PC and USB is not something that you would want to do regularly (an entire gig as an example).

Posted Tue 21 Nov 17 @ 10:21 am

Thanks, and I understand the waveforms now work with VDJ?

Posted Wed 22 Nov 17 @ 12:15 am

Posted Wed 22 Nov 17 @ 12:52 am
bagpuss wrote :

Thanks, and I understand the waveforms now work with VDJ?

The Track Progress / Overview waveforms work ok. The big SCRATCH waveforms don't work since unit doesn't support this function in controller mode.

Posted Wed 22 Nov 17 @ 1:28 pm

Finally, is it fair to say the XDJ-RX2 will not be supported until they release an RX3?

Posted Tue 28 Nov 17 @ 3:24 pm
We can't give an ETA but XDJ-RX2 will be supported soon.

Posted Tue 28 Nov 17 @ 6:38 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
We can't give an ETA but XDJ-RX2 will be supported soon.

Holy cow, do you know if it will also work with the mixer in hardware mode? And if the scratch waves will show?

Posted Tue 28 Nov 17 @ 7:00 pm
Hardware mode is optional (and can be used with XDJ-RX as well)
As for the big scratch waves, yes, the official mapper will have them working as well

Posted Tue 28 Nov 17 @ 7:25 pm
Looks like a decent piece of kit. Only 2 channel though and the price is way higher than the MCX8000.

Posted Tue 28 Nov 17 @ 7:32 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Looks like a decent piece of kit. Only 2 channel though and the price is way higher than the MCX8000.

I've never needed more than 2, 2 tracks at once is confusing enough for most people.

Posted Tue 28 Nov 17 @ 7:55 pm
I only use two decks as well, just saying the price is very high for a 2 deck controller.

Posted Tue 28 Nov 17 @ 8:08 pm
It ticks quite a few boxes though, it's more portable than the MCX8000 and still has the back-up option of standalone. It also has hardware FX and a touchscreen.

Pioneer consider it a bargin because they're almost competing with their own range, if you break it down to the modular equivalent you would pay a fair bit more.

Posted Tue 28 Nov 17 @ 8:14 pm
its a sweet controller, ive seen nothing but problems from the denon mc8000. Even using serato i see its been buggy.

Posted Tue 28 Nov 17 @ 10:27 pm
Hello, always as i start virtual DJ 8.2 my mixer mode on my XDJ-RX goes from "XDJ-RX" mode to "Midi Control" mode.
I prefer the XDJ-RX mode for the internal effects of the mixer.
It also happened in the middle of a mix that the mode switches automatically to "Midi Control" while i am in the "XDJ-RX" mode.
How do i prevent that the mixer switches automatically to the "Midi Control" mode?

Posted Thu 25 Jan 18 @ 7:40 am
x DJ BOBO x wrote :
Hello, always as i start virtual DJ 8.2 my mixer mode on my XDJ-RX goes from "XDJ-RX" mode to "Midi Control" mode.
I prefer the XDJ-RX mode for the internal effects of the mixer.
It also happened in the middle of a mix that the mode switches automatically to "Midi Control" while i am in the "XDJ-RX" mode.
How do i prevent that the mixer switches automatically to the "Midi Control" mode?

VirtualDj itself is NOT capable to switch the mixer mode of XDJ-RX. Only RekordboxDJ can do that via a call on the drivers (You may have noticed a "XDJ-RX auto-configure" service running on your system)
RekordboxDJ will change mixer mode to MIDI every time it starts. Other than that, there's no documentation when and why the auto-configure service will change mixer mode.

That being said, did you by any chance start Rekordbox DJ when the device changed mixer mode by itself ?

Posted Thu 25 Jan 18 @ 8:17 am
Is there any way to change the default startup in the RX mapper in VDJ to keep it in RX mode and not MIDI mode?

Posted Thu 08 Feb 18 @ 1:38 pm
Usually the unit will stick with the mode you have selected, unless you start Rekordbox Dj.
If you read carefully my previous post you'll realize that ONLY Rekordbox Dj is capable to switch the mixer mode with a command.

Posted Thu 08 Feb 18 @ 3:35 pm
Phantom - I think you have misunderstood, I do not use RB only VDJ.

Back before the RX mapper was updated to include the screen n the RX, it used to start in XDJ-RX (mixer) mode every time when you would connect and use VDJ.
Since that update to the mapper, now when I connect VDJ to the RX regardless of what mode I may set the RX to first, it will go straight to MIDI mode every time now and then requires me to manually change it. I may try to get a video and post so you can understand what I mean.

I looked in the RX XML file and could see a statement that says "Midi Mixer" at the top and wondered if this could be the case.

So my question was, how can I amend the mapper so that the RX does not automatically go into MIDI (mixer) mode and just remain t in XDJ-RX mode.

Hope that makes sense.

Posted Fri 09 Feb 18 @ 1:37 pm
h8ytrPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi is there a midi map done for the pioneer XDJ RX2 now? and skin?

Posted Thu 22 Feb 18 @ 6:30 pm
95%