Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Strange Tag Editor Behavior in VDJ, MP3Tag and Windows

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

vjboyPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I'm trying to organize my music files and have run into a few unusual tag editing problems I can't explain. Thought I'd post them here to see if anyone else has seen these issues also and if you found a solution:

1.) When using the tag editor within VDJ Pro to edit a song's "Genre" it's saved fine within VDJ but when checking the same file within Windows Explorer the tag is not always saved. In fact, more often than not it is not saved. I tried this with several songs and cannot figure out the common denominator for the files where the tag is saved in both places (VDJ and Windows).

2.) After observing the above unexplained behavior I decided to download and try MP3Tag, which is often recommended on the net. Using MP3Tag changed all the Genre tags correctly and displayed the revised metadata in both MP3Tag and Windows Explorer, but when loading up the songs in VDJ the corrected Genre info does not display! I tried the "Analyze file" option and that didn't fix the issue.

So I'm totally confused by this. I thought a tag is a tag across programs so changing it once will result in the new tag showing up in any other program. It seems like the only way to force a tag change that shows up everywhere is to edit the properties of each individual song within Windows, but with hundreds of songs that need tag revisions that could take way too much effort and time.

Posted Thu 16 Nov 17 @ 7:26 pm
select 2 or more in VDJ and under BATCH, reload tag.

Posted Thu 16 Nov 17 @ 10:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)