Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NOTE] Pulselocker shuts it's service down as of now - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Pulselocker claims the downloaded content would still be available - they lied.
Pulsocker shuts down but takes payment a week before shutting down.

What qualifies as a class action lawsuit?
A "class action" lawsuit is one in which a group of people with the same or similar injuries caused by the same product or action sue the defendant as a group. Other names for lawsuits brought by a number of people who suffered similar harm or losses are "mass tort litigation" and "multi-district litigation" ("MDL").

A lawsuit becomes a class action when one or more plaintiffs, often called Lead Plaintiffs, file a lawsuit claiming some kind of harm. The plaintiff(s) can then ask the court to certify the case as a class action. ... The Lead Plaintiff must also have no conflict with other class members.

How do you file a lawsuit against a company?
First, you need to figure out whether you have the right to file a lawsuit against the person or business you have a dispute with. To file a lawsuit in court, you have to be someone directly affected by the legal dispute you are suing about. In legal terms, this is called having “standing” to file the lawsuit.

Expect a class action to take at least 1-3 years to resolve, but know that the process could take longer. (In rarer instances, it could be over in less than a year.) Even the simplest cases must proceed through numerous formal stages, including: Original complaint filed.

Filing Your Lawsuit
Prepare your complaint. To sue someone, you must prepare a document called a complaint that you will file with the court. ...
File your complaint at the courthouse. ...
Serve the defendant. ...
Gather facts about your case through discovery. ...
Conduct “informal investigation.

Posted Wed 15 Nov 17 @ 6:47 am
unIimited wrote :
mrdjal wrote :
A Man and His Music wrote :
groovindj wrote :
I've just been reading some of the posts on the Serato forum, from (alleged) DJs complaining that they've got gigs, and their whole library was from Pulselocker.

SMH, facepalm etc.

Those poor DJs. It's just not fair. Why should they have to buy their music and videos, just because I do? For the love of GOD, someone please help these poor DJs out. Help them Oprah, help them Baby Jesus. I know, I will start a Go Fund me page for them. Here is the link.........................

It's there, just keep looking.

Well Said I agree 1000%
If only there was a company to buy from , like a promotional music for DJ's, and wide selections. maybe even call it Promo Only, or something like .

A lot of DJs are bashing Pulselocker users now like they were the dumbest sheeps to subscribe to a service like it was. But i had a good reason: there is no DJ pool or other service that has all the music i need. Also none of them really have german charts or german hip-hop. Some of them don't even have international classics like Gorillaz' Demon Days album. I've taken a lot of samples from my library and Pulselocker had the coverage lead by a very large margin of 90% coverage over Promo Only and BPM Supreme with about 40%. Ofcourse this is subjetive but that's the point.
Surely i can subscribe to a pool (which i'll probably have to do) but getting all the missing music for my sets will become much more expensive and less intuitive than with a streaming service like Pulselocker.

I'm not bashing Pulselocker users, I am one of them. I just don't have any sympathy for DJ's that rely on subscription services, for their content, and then cry when it disappears. These are tools, the same as any of our equipment. I learned early in my career that I could not depend on renting equipment and vans. Once the rental company did not have a van, and another time, the music store did not hold my reservation for speakers. I decided that I needed to treat my business, just like other professionals, and own my tools. If you hire me there are no excuses, no crying, that I don't have what I need to do your party. I would not show up without speakers, why would I show up without the music that I need? Actually, the music is more important. I see guys with sub-par equipment still rocking the house.

I had Pulselocker, Deezer, Spotify, and all of the ContentUnlimited. They only add a small addition to my catalog. I hear a lot of how expensive it is to buy all of your content. Well, that's what it cost, and if someone can't afford it, I have no sympathy at all. Maybe this is not for you, or anyone else that can't afford to be a DJ. I can't afford the Bentley SUV, and I work very hard. Maybe they should lower the price so I can buy it. I buy from a wide range of pools, and I find it hard to believe that you can't find the music that you need. What are the other German DJ's doing to get their music?

Posted Wed 15 Nov 17 @ 9:18 am
mrdjalPRO InfinityMember since 2009
unIimited wrote :
mrdjal wrote :
groovindj wrote :
I've just been reading some of the posts on the Serato forum, from (alleged) DJs complaining that they've got gigs, and their whole library was from Pulselocker.

SMH, facepalm etc.

Those poor DJs. It's just not fair. Why should they have to buy their music and videos, just because I do? For the love of GOD, someone please help these poor DJs out. Help them Oprah, help them Baby Jesus. I know, I will start a Go Fund me page for them. Here is the link.........................

Well Said I agree 1000%
If only there was a company to buy from , like a promotional music for DJ's, and wide selections. maybe even call it Promo Only, or something like .

A lot of DJs are bashing Pulselocker users now like they were the dumbest sheeps to subscribe to a service like it was. But i had a good reason: there is no DJ pool or other service that has all the music i need. Also none of them really have german charts or german hip-hop. Some of them don't even have international classics like Gorillaz' Demon Days album. I've taken a lot of samples from my library and Pulselocker had the coverage lead by a very large margin of 90% coverage over Promo Only and BPM Supreme with about 40%. Ofcourse this is subjetive but that's the point.
Surely i can subscribe to a pool (which i'll probably have to do) but getting all the missing music for my sets will become much more expensive and less intuitive than with a streaming service like Pulselocker.

I am not bashing
I would be afraid to depend on a streaming service, that's all
I like to know that I have the music before i need it, I have been DJing for 35 years, I still have my vinyl , and over 4000 CD's, plus 1000's of online purchased tracks.

Streaming may be the present and future thing to do, but I don't put my DJ PC's on the internet, ( only to activate the VDJ ) so it's not for me.

My comments were more of joking, not bashing, I would not want to have been caught at a gig and not have my music.
I remember when Visio sonic's Red 5.2 died , I had just converted to VDJ , So I escaped that moment, but I know someone that got caught with the dead software.
Anyway times are different now, from when i first started DJing, so I guess we will see what happens next

Al

Posted Wed 15 Nov 17 @ 5:09 pm
mrdjalPRO InfinityMember since 2009
unIimited wrote :
mrdjal wrote :
groovindj wrote :

SMH, facepalm etc.

Well Said I agree 1000%

I'm not bashing Pulselocker users, I am one of them. I just don't have any sympathy for DJ's that rely on subscription services, for their content, and then cry when it disappears. These are tools, the same as any of our equipment. I learned early in my career that I could not depend on renting equipment and vans. Once the rental company did not have a van, and another time, the music store did not hold my reservation for speakers. I decided that I needed to treat my business, just like other professionals, and own my tools. If you hire me there are no excuses, no crying, that I don't have what I need to do your party. I would not show up without speakers, why would I show up without the music that I need? Actually, the music is more important. I see guys with sub-par equipment still rocking the house.

I had Pulselocker, Deezer, Spotify, and all of the ContentUnlimited. They only add a small addition to my catalog. I hear a lot of how expensive it is to buy all of your content. Well, that's what it cost, and if someone can't afford it, I have no sympathy at all. Maybe this is not for you, or anyone else that can't afford to be a DJ. I can't afford the Bentley SUV, and I work very hard. Maybe they should lower the price so I can buy it. I buy from a wide range of pools, and I find it hard to believe that you can't find the music that you need. What are the other German DJ's doing to get their music?

Well said again

Posted Wed 15 Nov 17 @ 5:11 pm
Just another good example why completly relying "On Demand Services" is a bad idea.

Anything you dont own physically and offline is worth nothing and can be taken away at any time and everyone should be well aware of it. Using such a service as additon for exotic things you dont own or dont wanna, might be a good idea, but if you completly rely on it as a DJ you doing it wrong. IMHO

Posted Thu 16 Nov 17 @ 1:25 pm

Posted Tue 28 Nov 17 @ 1:26 am
MissyBee wrote :
Just another good example why completely relying "On Demand Services" is a bad idea.

Anything you don't own physically and offline is worth nothing and can be taken away at any time and everyone should be well aware of it. Using such a service as additon for exotic things you don't own or don't wanna, might be a good idea, but if you completely rely on it as a DJ you doing it wrong. IMHO

True Dat

Posted Tue 28 Nov 17 @ 2:40 am
Been DJ'ing for over 35 years, and I believe nothing sounds better than cd's (except vinyl). I use downloads and VDJ to back up my extensive library. I dont have to worry if an internet signal is suddenly going to drop. The music is there every time i go to use it. Im not "bashing" those who rely on streaming services, hell i use one, but I use it to compliment what I own for music. I take the list that I dont have after a gig that I have pulled from the streaming service and I purchase the download and is place it on an external hard drive (which is then cloned into a second external hard drive). This way it is always there.
Relying solely on a streaming service is not a smart move. As a close friend of mine found out at a gig. Ive played in areas where internet was either weak or non existent, and to rely on a hotspot is even riskier.
Do I think Pulselocker is coming back?????? No I think its gone forever. Will they start another service?????? most likely under a different name after the dust settles. Is this an eye opening experience for some and a rude awakening????????? most definitely. But there will be another service to take its place. But also there is nothing like having the music in hand when you walk into gig.

Posted Mon 11 Dec 17 @ 8:47 am
I have my music on my HD too, far better than depending upon internet connection or website availability... but Pulselocker is interesting for requests or to find remix... The Pulselocker website seems under construction. Somebody has news about a Pulselocker comeback ?

Posted Thu 28 Dec 17 @ 8:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)