Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HOW CAN I USE MY EXTERNAL ANALOG MIXER WITH MIC AND THE MUSIC IS FROM VDJ7 FOR BROADCASTING

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME FOR A STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL ON HOW I CAN CONNECT MY EXTERNAL ANALOG MIXER WITH MIC TO MY PC USING VDJ7 AND FOR ME TO BE ABLE TO BROADCAST IT WITH MUSIC AND MIC THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Posted Fri 10 Nov 17 @ 2:49 am
In the future please don't shout (capital letters)

In that setup VDJ doesn't handle the mixing
So The simplest option to get working is probably:
1. On Laptop A run VDJ in external mixer mode, so that it sends it's 2 decks as separate out puts you can link to 2 channels on the mixer. For that to run in stereo you need a multi channels output soundcard
2. Mix on the mixer, including using the mic, and link the master output to an input on Laptop B
3. On Laptop B install a broadcasting software that takes the audio input and broadcast it

You maybe able to use the same laptop if you are careful with the audio setup, but using 2 laptops will be simpler in use IMO

Of course it will be simpler (and maybe cheaper) to get a controller that supports sending it's mic in into the software (a lot of them just send mic-in directly to master out), and handle everything on the controller and in VDJ, including broadcasting.

Posted Fri 10 Nov 17 @ 6:07 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You could use just one laptop and a "Record Loopback" input in VDJ.
Which mixer and which sound card(s) do you use ?

Posted Fri 10 Nov 17 @ 8:08 am
I didn't think the LE version had access to the sound config or broadcasting for that matter..... i guess i could be wrong.

Posted Sun 12 Nov 17 @ 1:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)